User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default arrow trucking

beware of arrow. after 2 months i thought it was a good co. but when i had engine problems in n.m. and turned in 3 weeks notice stuff went down hill. they made me pay for fuel to tulsa to return truck. then i was charged for trip to orientation, drug test, physical, cost of hiring paperwork. this was after 3 months with them. they stilll owe me last months worth of trips. they say i owe them several $1000 for processing my termination paperwork.. everyweek i get another bill from them claiming another debt. i owe them $30 for a $25 cash purchase i made. i bought bungees from them and paid cash but i owe $30 for billing. i will never collect my pay from them but maybe i might keep someone else from making the same mistake and driving for them as a company driver. i am going to blast them on every site, or time i meet another person thinking about working for them. by the way, just got another bill claiming i owe for processing their latest bill.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Board Icon

Well, bash away if you so wish but if you signed a contract to work there for 1 year and you stay only 3 months...........you should be paying them back what they spent on you since your breaking the contract. They prolly told you they would put you thru training and all but you had to stay for a year or those costs would have to be paid back. I'm sure it was in the fine print of the contract you signed with them.

The $25 cash advance is just that, an advance which every company will charge you interest on, hence a $30 bill for that $25 you borrowed which is normal.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Senior Board Member

nah, i didn't sign a contract for a year, and i hired on as an experienced driver. i understood that i had to work for 3 months before they picked up tab for transportation to orientation and such. i made sure i was there longer than that. i also emptied my truck of personal belongings before turning it in. also made sure i checked out from each dept. as they have a post employment checklist to be signed off. that alone takes a good part of a day. my new company has several of ex-arrow dm's and other support people. their stories are all about the same. i could probably collect what they owe me, but i am making so many miles right now that it would end up costing me to take time off to deal with a lawyer and such. i'm sure they know it too.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Board Icon

Then it's all square on my end. Hope the next one works out better for ya.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Default Re: arrow trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
beware of arrow. after 2 months i thought it was a good co. but when i had engine problems in n.m. and turned in 3 weeks notice stuff went down hill. they made me pay for fuel to tulsa to return truck. then i was charged for trip to orientation, drug test, physical, cost of hiring paperwork. this was after 3 months with them. they stilll owe me last months worth of trips. they say i owe them several $1000 for processing my termination paperwork.. everyweek i get another bill from them claiming another debt. i owe them $30 for a $25 cash purchase i made. i bought bungees from them and paid cash but i owe $30 for billing. i will never collect my pay from them but maybe i might keep someone else from making the same mistake and driving for them as a company driver. i am going to blast them on every site, or time i meet another person thinking about working for them. by the way, just got another bill claiming i owe for processing their latest bill.
Something sounds fishy. When I left Arrow I took the truck to the Ohio terminal, took my belongings and left the keys with one of the yard guys and never had to pay anything like you're talking about. I got the pay the following week that they owed me and that was the end of a bad relationship. Are you shure you did'nt leave something out?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Rookie
Default Re: arrow trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
Something sounds fishy. When I left Arrow I took the truck to the Ohio terminal, took my belongings and left the keys with one of the yard guys and never had to pay anything like you're talking about. I got the pay the following week that they owed me and that was the end of a bad relationship. Are you shure you did'nt leave something out?
I agree something does not sound right. You must have made somebody mad. They do not typically work so hard to screw anyone around like this. They would have to have something in writing that they feel gives them the right to do this.