User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Career Day

I went to Career day at my local college thru Trainco truck driving school and listened to 10 recuiters and since the local job i was hoping for fell threw (want 1yr due to insurance companys)..i'm left to look else where.

I filled out apps for 4 company so far:
NTB
Falcon
TMC
Garner

Now NTB/Falcon/Garner are autoshifts (Falcon will be switching over in 6 months).I like the idea and understand why companys are going to autoshifts.
But After learning shifting a 10 speed and a super 10 ,i just don't think that going to autoshifts will benefit me in the long run.due to industry is not complete switched over..more i learn better for me..(never stop learning)

I also wanted to get into Flatbedding and van would be my 2nd choice...I'm not a lazy person or am i afraid of hard work ...i understand that i would be working out in the elements and i have worked outside in construction when i was an iron worker.so i think i will be ok or atleast have a tolerance for it...not saying it would be easy but would take time to get used to it.
I have Read alot of the TMC thread and i hear what was said but i believe its personel experiences and everyones different...

I will be going to a Local Falcon Terminal to talk to some drivers and check out the place...They offer Flatbed and Van.....I'm already Prehired and good to go ...

I faxed over My resume to TMC today and called them and they said that its being reviewed by the hiring committee and i should call back Tommorrow..

I really wanted the local job but thats ok...I graduate oct 4 and i plan on going to orientation on the 15th of oct.
i will be having my 16th wedding anniversary on the 17th but we can have it the weekend before i want to leave..we will see.

I'll keep you informed on what happens.