User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272
I remember she said i would be going to TN for school, but I dont remember which terminal I would be based out of.
Wouldn't the school in Richmond be closer for you? And Swift's "Harrisburg terminal" is actually in Jonestown, which is about half an hour North of Harrisburg. It's right off of I-81 at the Lebanon exit. :wink:
Old 09-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272
I remember she said i would be going to TN for school, but I dont remember which terminal I would be based out of.
Wouldn't the school in Richmond be closer for you? And Swift's "Harrisburg terminal" is actually in Jonestown, which is about half an hour North of Harrisburg. It's right off of I-81 at the Lebanon exit. :wink:
yeah it would but theres something goofy that richmond is only for pa and va residents which i dont understand, not only that, if I go to the school in Tenessee, once you complete the class they send you home for 6 days tehn you come back for orientiation and test because in TN you have to be a resident for 30 days
Old 10-05-2007, 04:52 PM

if at all possible take the college. it i probably a better thing to NOT be tied to a company (even tho job huntings not good either) but also if you went with a carrier and quit it would definitely cost an arm and a leg more than the DEFINED price of college
Old 10-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Board Regular

I paid for my license with cash. I went part time at nights while still working a full time job during the day. Took a little longer but once I was done I was not owned by a trucking company. Plus my choices were a lot more open.

Not only that I saved money on the license due to it didnt cost me $8000 like it cost one of my buddies when he went thru the school. He signed up with Werner. I almost choked when he said 8 grand. I paid $2300 for it!!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Board Regular

If you check out CFI, they can put you through Crowder College and will pay everything for you all but $1,700 for you, out of pocket. Plus they are the best company, especially for a new driver.

http://www.conwaytruckload.us/html_pages/student.html
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 AM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Piece of work maybe you should go inside the office and be a recruiter you keep flashing that website of yours all around do you care or do u just want that new yukon?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:44 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Gotta put in a plug for Schneider. They got a terminal in Harrisburg, by the Flying J and a buncha other truck places, like Roadway.

2 weeks training in classroom, 2 weeks out with a road trainer. They pick you up, put you up in a hotel, provide breakfast at the hotel and lunch at the training center. you're on your own for dinner. they have training pay while you're out. Can't remember if they pay during the first 2 weeks or not.

they get you your CDL, and you have to work 1 year or pay them $3500. It's tough, and half of my class washed out. If you wash out, you still owe them money for training, kinda like tuition. They bust your hump, but they train you right.

http://www.schneiderjobs.com/drivers/Training.html

I'm still there, but I'm starting to look around for better money. I'm on a dedicated account now that gets me home most nights and weekends, but it's a definite drop from when I was OTR. The dedicated accounts should be getting pay reviews and increases to go with the OTR increases. I'll find out in January.

If you go w/schneider, I can get a referral bonus. I think that's standard. email or pm me for the info, if u want. what can i say? I'm a whore