User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default time is ticking

well I have been approved for Maverick which I do feel gratefull. the only thing is the date of oreintation , I know that there is waiting list for them, but my current employer has to fill my position which I can understand. I was told from Maverick that I was being " scheduled for the 30th of this month, but my current employer is trying to get a definite date" 2 weeks notice Oct 06 2007" so my position can be filled.in return does anyone know of how sure that there word "Maverick" realy is.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, if they told you the 30th, then that is when you will go to orientation. They don't just pull dates out of the air. Call them back to double check but I am pretty sure that is when you will go if that is what they told you.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:26 AM
Board Regular

You should call your recruiter and ask if your definitely scheduled for the 30th. If he/she says yes, they will stand behind it. Make sure they are aware of your situation leaving your current employer. If a problem does arise, just be sure to let them know that you were counting on a certain date and that anything else is going to get you into a tight spot, they have been known to jump through some hoops in those situations. Maverick is very strong on keeping their word.

If you need to put your start date off until Oct. 6 in order to give your 2 week notice, make them aware of that too. I ended up pushing my start date out twice and they never seemed to mind. When I was ready, they had a spot waiting for me.

As far as keeping their word. They will. Maverick is very serious about this. You'll be ask several times during orientation if ANYTHING a recruiter told you was not correct. It's almost like their looking to fire recruiters..LOL. But, in reality, they just want to know that nobody is stretching the truth to get you in the door.

Now, for the other side of the coin. They also expect you to have given them honest information. If you get there and they find some of the info. that you supplied on your application to be untrue, all bets are off unless you can prove yourself...and fast. They don't mess around with that sort of thing. You WILL be asked during orientation...first day I THINK...whether you are still employed by your previous emloyer. If you say yes, you will have two choices. You can go home or you can call that employer and quit over the phone in the presence of the orientation director. Not sure what's up with that, but I watched it take place while I was there. We were told that it has something to do with federal regulations?

For the most part, if your pre-approved, your hired. The only guys I know of that didn't get hired either had problems on their driving record that they didn't disclose or something like that...or they had trouble with the physical or the agility testing. I think out of my group of about 25, 2 or 3 went home. Blood pressure seemed to be the worst problem. I would actually advise you to have your blood pressure checked before taking off to L.R. If you were to have a problem, you might as well know it before you leave the house.

Your next 2 -3 months are going to be scary, fun, exciting, aggravating and sometimes tough. But, in the big picture you've made a good choice. Maverick will treat you with respect and honesty and will ask the same from you.

Good Luck!

Arky