User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

keep on rollin brother.

when you roll though morganton, GA (between blairsville and blue ridge) on hwy 515 blow that horn for me one time. I willl hear ya.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Senior Board Member

damn, I have yet to get a dot inspection, and I've never had a ticket ever, but I did get a minor preventable a few weeks ago Stupid idiot in a pilot decided he wanted to get thru to get his cat scale ticket in a hurry, in a crowded truck stop, asked me to back up (I thought it was clear enough on his hand if he was asking me to back up), wrong, put a 1 inch paint scratch on his trailer, he got all pissy cause he owned the trailer, and called the cops to report it, over a 1 inch paint scratch! Looked like someone took a key for an inch along the trailer. He started going off, "Ohh its going to cost me $3000 to replace the panel, blah blah" I looked at him thinking, your going to replace the entire panel over some paint?! I know the reality is, he see's a swift truck, and thinks, ooo, insurance money, but ohh well, I learned my lesson, I dont move for no one unless I know its clear.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
damn, I have yet to get a dot inspection, and I've never had a ticket ever, but I did get a minor preventable a few weeks ago Stupid idiot in a pilot decided he wanted to get thru to get his cat scale ticket in a hurry, in a crowded truck stop, asked me to back up (I thought it was clear enough on his hand if he was asking me to back up), wrong, put a 1 inch paint scratch on his trailer, he got all pissy cause he owned the trailer, and called the cops to report it, over a 1 inch paint scratch! Looked like someone took a key for an inch along the trailer. He started going off, "Ohh its going to cost me $3000 to replace the panel, blah blah" I looked at him thinking, your going to replace the entire panel over some paint?! I know the reality is, he see's a swift truck, and thinks, ooo, insurance money, but ohh well, I learned my lesson, I dont move for no one unless I know its clear.
GOAL: Get out and look,

Than you will always be sure.,
Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 AM

HELLO guys. This is going to be a short post, not much to report here. Got some pretty nice runs lately, no serious storms to deal with or anything. No huge mountains with 45,000lbs.

Things are looking pretty good. I will tell you this my last three weekly checks have been over 800 GROSS. one over 1000. Being only 3months in, that makes me feel pretty good about the immediate future. Hopefully this recession we're in wont affect freight too much more than it is already.

:arrow: I do want to URGE everyone out there to get informed and get out there and VOTE this november. This is a verry serious time for everyone in the USA. At war in recession and with a lot of important issues at the make it or break it point, it's time to VOTE. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you who to vote for, but i will say this:

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING IF YOU DONT GET OUT AND VOTE. IT REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE!! AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD VOTE ON THE ISSUES NOT BASED ON THE COLOR OR GENDER OF THE PERSON.

Ok off my soapbox.... :roll: I do want to say this. If you are reading this thinking of going to Swift, please feel free to message me if you have a private question, or i'll give you my # and would be happy to talk to you and answer questions if i can.

Later guys.....
Lead foot.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:20 AM

Hey guys....

Just wanted to check in here. I have started making the "big bux" a whole 30cpm. Plus my miles are going up, and i am generally planned for a load before i drop the one i am on.

I am sitting in Naperville, IL now, on my 10 hr. sitting here at Panera Bread enjoying some real food. I did just get a week at home, not by choice, but because after my 4 days at home, i went to start my truck and NADA! ended up being a short somewhere (typical Volvo) but i had to wait for the dealershio to open as TA couldnt handle it. And of course the dealer was closed on Sat and Sun and too busy to get to it on Mon! My next check is 67!!!!! OUCH! Better run real hard to make it up.

For those of you following from the start, my brother in law, ("who couldnt do this job cause he couldnt be away from his family") Re-enlisted for 3 years and will be in supply. 2 weeks away from his family must be looking pretty good right about now. NEWAYZ!

hope everyone is doing well. Keep the dirty side down and keep on trucking.

Later.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Rookie
Default swift

hey southerpride ive been reading your diary from the start and just wanted to let you know that it has answered alot of my questions.me and my brother start the academy in millington march 5.we gonna be teams figured that was the way to go thay said you get paid little bit more.Well hope to hear from ya soon and ill keep you informed on our progress if i get a chance thank again
Old 02-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
i had a similar experience for the first time about a week and a half ago. all i did was take out an orange light on his cab. he was actually calm about it, asked how much money i had on me, and showed me a receipt for his last light repair. it was $40. i gave him $60, and it was no situation from that point on. i gave him that much just so he could keep the change.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
You also get your manuals and homework assignment here. If you want to be ahead of the game i'd get a Tennessee CDL manual (free) before you get here, and STUDY it.
I wonder how mch diffrence there is state to state in reguards to the CDL manual ...Im trying to get on with a training company ...like pride or at the moment FFE and will have to convert the license as well

I wonder though if stdying the DE manual will help me or just corn-fuse me ? what do y'all think ...

SHawn
Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Rookie

jeesus southern-p i gotta say you have had some crappy luck considering the short time youve been driving but you are the man you take it all in stride and dont blame anyone i said it b and ill say it again you should thank your parents they did a hell of a job raising you its hard to find someone that has had the tribulations youve had and keeps on smileing good luck dude and those are some cute kids u got

next month will be a year at swift for me no real complaints really......take it easy... ken-
Old 02-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy RECON
keep on rollin brother.

when you roll though morganton, GA (between blairsville and blue ridge) on hwy 515 blow that horn for me one time. I willl hear ya.

your in morganton? ever heard of a girl that goes by peachic? short dark hair?