User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Melton...Would like to know Driver's opinions!

Please comment as to what your experience is with this company in every aspect from orientation, to hire, pay scale, loads, days out, days off, benefites, rider programs, pets riding, equiptment, the whole package and your experience with them as a Driver, how long have you or were you with them. Thanks for any input.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:14 AM

ummm the topic sounds like melton is asking this question even tho ,,your justs trying to get info about them...use search engine it'll help ya out.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Rookie

I am NOT part of Melton I am asking the questions as an individual who is helping my best friend look for trucking jobs and this company looks good to him but we would like more input so If anyone actually thinks this is a THE COMPANY asking questions then you are wrong, send you personal remarks to my personal email at [email protected] if you don't think this is a real person asking a serious quesion. And no crude or nasty comments or inappropiate notes, I used to hitch hick back in the 70's and truckers were sometimes, not always my buddies for a ride from place to place on the long lonely road.

IF the question was asked in such a manner as to make it sound like THE COMPANY was asking perhaps I should have sounded a lot dumber or less formal.

Please only serious answers and
Old 09-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Ignore speedbump, he's obviously an idiot. Melton has a very good reputation amonst the larger carriers. Their pay is very competitive, their equipment is top notch. You would be hard pressed to find any bad postings about Melton. Of the flatbedding companies, they are in the top three with Maverick and TMC.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Senior Board Member

I drove for CFI for quite a while, and Melton was considered a "sister company"....so I did not drive for Melton, but did have quite a few occasions to talk to their drivers.....and I can't recall ever hearing any of them whine or groan about anything....and generally seemed to be pretty happy. I would say that your friend would probably be pretty content there. 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Ignore speedbump, he's obviously an idiot. Melton has a very good reputation amonst the larger carriers. Their pay is very competitive, their equipment is top notch. You would be hard pressed to find any bad postings about Melton. Of the flatbedding companies, they are in the top three with Maverick and TMC.
My reply:
ummm the topic sounds like melton is asking this question even tho ,,your justs trying to get info about them...use search engine it'll help ya out.

Boy ur both retarded ...or you can't read my reply i state what you 2 are spilling out ROFL! ...you wanna throw out insults np there i have been respectful to everyone here and to have 2 guys not be able to read my reply correctly justs shows the type of person you are...never fails on forums to find people like that......again read the book don't wait for the movie lol...
Old 09-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33dbump
Quote:
My reply:

Boy ur both retarded ...or you can't read my reply i state what you 2 are spilling out ROFL! ...you wanna throw out insults np there i have been respectful to everyone here and to have 2 guys not be able to read my reply correctly justs shows the type of person you are...never fails on forums to find people like that......again read the book don't wait for the movie lol...
Well, I'll tell you what. I do not understand ebonics or whatever dialect of the english language you are using. Brush up on your 3rd grade spelling and grammar skills, so the rest of us "retards" can understand what the hell you are trying to say. :roll: I don't read gibberish.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33dbump
Quote:
My reply:

Well, I'll tell you what. I do not understand ebonics or whatever dialect of the english language you are using. Brush up on your 3rd garde spelling and grammar skills, so the rest of us "retards" can understand what the hell you are trying to say. :roll: I don't read gibberish.

any who, i talked to a melton driver once and he enjoyed it. seems like they tarp alot...
Old 09-15-2007, 08:20 PM

He's calling me black i think lol....internet tough guy hahaha

anyways orignal poster i was just trying to point out some help for ya..thats all good luck
Old 09-15-2007, 09:09 PM

I was wanting to drive for Melton but I they wouldn't accept my experience. I talked to a recruiter a few times and he made it seem nice but you can't go by that. They seem to have decent benfits too.