User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default UPDATE: Spartan Logistics

So I figured with all the help/knowledge I gained from the site, and my new employers willingness to give me the opportunity to prove myself, I ATLEAST should provide an update.

So as many of you know, I left Coca-Cola after 5 1/2 years for various reasons!!! I then began the "infamous" job search.... and at times I must admit.... it seemed everything but promising! However after 2-3 months of searching and the whole nine yards.... I took a job with Spartan Logistics... Its a "local" or "short-haul" position, which is basically any route that can be completed within my D.O.T. restricted shift! So, some days I work 12-14 hours.... and others I work 5-8. I do have a MINIMUM pay per day of $180, but its technically based on 30% of load revenue (which for the most part is $180-$250 per day)! I'm off weekends, got Afflac, medical/dental/vision, and 401K!!! Its not a huge company and like I've said before, the equiptment is roughly 7-10 years old, but they do their best to address EVERY complaint and concern I've ever had!!! So they pay GREAT, treat me more then fair, and I'm happy!!!

Basically I LOVE my new position.... and I wish the luck I had would rub off on everyone..... because personally, I know how it feels to struggle due to some traffic violations....ect! Best piece of advise I can give.... DON'T put yourself in a bad position and you won't find yourself gasping for air! We are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL drivers.... trusted to handle heavy equiptment and operate it accordingly! I don't wanna start ramblin.... I just wanted to say THANKS to C.A.D...... you guys are a true assest to the industry!!!!..... and THANKS to SPARTAN LOGISTICS.... you've got a dedicated employee that will go 100 miles for every one of yours!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM

Congratulations! I am glad you found a new home you are happy with. Job huntung can be a daunting task.

Right now I am in search of equipment. I already know where I will be working; however finding a truck to do the job is proving to more difficult than finding the job.

Good luck and continued success.