User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Well, here we go again!!

Well, I have went back to Werner. About 3 weeks ago I got a call from my former fleet manager. He told me they were short on trainers and wanted to know if I would consider coming back to Werner. I told them that I would not come back because I was happy where I was at. He then asked me that if he could get me on a good dedicated run with a great income if I would come back. I told him to see what he could do but that he probably could not get me deal good enough. Well, a few days later he calls me back and offers me a dedicated run and tells me all about it. It is a Masterbrand Cabinets run just like JB Hunt has and has a decent salary. So, I think about it for a while and compare apples to oranges and decided to go back. I went to orientation last week and drove my first week this week. So far, all is well. BUT, this is only one week into it. This first week was a sort of learning week so not much got done other then one trip but this was by my choice. I went to the main office and meet my dispatcher and observed for a while to see how things went on. Next week though will be a full week. I will let you know how it goes!

Werner
truck 47301
Old 08-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member

You even changed your Avatar, (I like the "W" thing).

Hope it works out for you. Give me some info on the runs, Wheres the DC? Who do you deliver to? What states do you get through? etc

You goin back to trainer or running solo?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Cool bro, glad you got what you were looking for. Sucks that that account closed with us before we could get you on it. But oh well, our loss.
I am going to still call you when anything opens up in your area and use my master recruiting tactics and mind control to steal you away from Werner.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
You even changed your Avatar, (I like the "W" thing).

Hope it works out for you. Give me some info on the runs, Wheres the DC? Who do you deliver to? What states do you get through? etc

You goin back to trainer or running solo?
Well, we go all over the place. Every Monday they send out a fleet wide message asking for volunteers to run out west. You don't have to run there but it will boost your miles and pay. We don't really have one DC, we have several. They are in Illinois somewhere, Richmond Indiana, Ferdinand Indiana and a few others but I am not quite sure where they are as of yet. I mainly run out of the Ferdinand Indiana DC. We go to a lot of the major home improvement stores like Lowes and Home Depot but we also go to a few of the Mom and Pop type stores as well. We get paid a certain amount for drops and get paid per trailer for unload. Most runs have no fewer than 5 drops on it. We get a garantee of a certain amount of money a month. We tailgate everything. I will give you more of the specifics in a PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Congrats Fireman

Hope the dedicated thing works. Are you using a power jack to unload? Are you going to train if you desire?

BTW, my wife and I have now been pre-hired by Werner too.

Did you get my email?

Good luck?

Rick
Old 08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjallen
Congrats Fireman

Hope the dedicated thing works. Are you using a power jack to unload? Are you going to train if you desire?

BTW, my wife and I have now been pre-hired by Werner too.

Did you get my email?

Good luck?

Rick
HEY RICK!!!

Still no email!!! No, it is all floor load. I have to move each piece to the tailgate by hand. It isnt that bad. I just put it on the floor and slide it to the tail. If the customer has a Two-Wheeler I use it. Yes, I do plan on training again. I have to wait 30 days from date of hire to train again though. So, September 15th I can go back through the "Train The Trainer" program again. Let me know how things go with you and your wife at school.