User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Arrow changes

I went back and seen where Arrow was in for some changes, do to some new guy they have in charge now. Whats the new scoop? Has the shop changed, or do you still have to wait for ever to get anything done? :?:
Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Senior Board Member

The "new guy" is the ex CEO from Melton. We still have friends at Arrow and they have said the changes are for the better. Not sure about the shop though.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 AM

the new guy's name is Witt, he worked at smx (not sure about melton) and yes, he has made some changes for the better. the shop seems faster and more friendly imo. (they used to drive me crazy!), and there is a new driver's lounge beside the old one. he added a bonus or two, raised tarp pay, on top of making it a little more driver friendly. I was ready to quit at one time but stuck around to see how much things were going to change. things are not perfect, but at least arrow is trying. I am waiting to see if things keep improving or start to go back to the way they were.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by married to the road
the new guy's name is Witt, he worked at smx (not sure about melton) and yes, he has made some changes for the better. the shop seems faster and more friendly imo. (they used to drive me crazy!), and there is a new driver's lounge beside the old one. he added a bonus or two, raised tarp pay, on top of making it a little more driver friendly. I was ready to quit at one time but stuck around to see how much things were going to change. things are not perfect, but at least arrow is trying. I am waiting to see if things keep improving or start to go back to the way they were.
Ya, I know, when I worked there I might be in the shop for 3 days. Once I was under a load and was still 2 days,and what a shitty attatude thay had. I went almost 5 mo.before I finaley had to go in for log books and such. Have they bought any new trailers? I didn't like those steel ones much. Thanks for the come back!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:20 PM

Ya, I know, when I worked there I might be in the shop for 3 days. Once I was under a load and was still 2 days,and what a shitty attatude thay had.

Their were several guys in the shop that had attitudes. But they are no longer there and the other ones try to be nice (at least most of the time). I guess they are having to shape up or ship out.

I went almost 5 mo.before I finaley had to go in for log books and such.

Yeah, I have been here for 14 months and have only been in to sefety 3 times to go over my logs. But they never find more than a couple violations and always tell me good job!

Have they bought any new trailers? I didn't like those steel ones much. Thanks for the come back![/quote]

All they had were steel trls when you worked there? It must have been a couple years ago then, because we have a bunch of aluminum spread axle trls now, they bought 1000 of em a little before I started and they are supposed to get more. But we do still have a quite a few steel trls in use that I wish they would get rid of.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Senior Board Member

I have just in the past few days talked to some old Arrow friends and all of them say things have improved somewhat. There still seems to be freight problems....like no loads, sitting for 2 and 3 days to get out. They have problems with getting too many trucks in one area then taking DAYS to get you out. Also some of the guys are having problems with being dispatched for loads going to get them and then the load is gone....with no explaintion as to why.

Arrow still needs to do ALL dispatch from Tulsa. The other branches have no clue to what they are doing and LOTS of favoritism still goes on there.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 08-31-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
I have just in the past few days talked to some old Arrow friends and all of them say things have improved somewhat. There still seems to be freight problems....like no loads, sitting for 2 and 3 days to get out. They have problems with getting too many trucks in one area then taking DAYS to get you out. Also some of the guys are having problems with being dispatched for loads going to get them and then the load is gone....with no explaintion as to why.

Arrow still needs to do ALL dispatch from Tulsa. The other branches have no clue to what they are doing and LOTS of favoritism still goes on there.

tootie
You know, I left Arrow because my DM wouldn't let me go home after 6 weeks for my best freinds funeral, but I probaley would have left anyway because of the sitting for hours and days weighting for a load. And I agree about the dispatching. Every time I went to TX. I could figure on waiting for who knows how long for a load out. And when I would call dispatch in TX. all I got was greef. I hope for the drivers sake things get better. I miss most of the drivers I met. They were great to be around. Arrow doesn't know what they've got, or what they'll be losing if things don'nt change.[/url]
Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
I have just in the past few days talked to some old Arrow friends and all of them say things have improved somewhat. There still seems to be freight problems....like no loads, sitting for 2 and 3 days to get out.

That is getting better. I remember having to sit for five days once (more than 6 months ago), but the longest I have have to sit and wait for a load in the last couple of months was about 26 hours.
They have problems with getting too many trucks in one area then taking DAYS to get you out.

That sucks but when a place orders a bunch at one time, but I have a good dm. He once deadheaded from WY to WA to pick up a load on monday so I wouldn't have to sit the whole weekend. He is one reason that I am still with Arrow.

Also some of the guys are having problems with being dispatched for loads going to get them and then the load is gone....with no explaintion as to why.

Never had that happen to me.

tootie
The one in Masury has done a pretty good job. Have had issues with communication between terminals. One tell you to do one thing and Tulsa tell you something different like one says to bobtail somewhere and then you get a message from the other terminal to take an empty. Or Laredo tells you to go to Houston and then Houston has no idea why they sent you up there.