User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Transam, FFE, or SRT....Anyone have any input, good or bad?

I still think Roehl is my first choice, but these are some other possibilities.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Senior Board Member

I have to strongly advise against TransAm right now. My husband worked there for 6 months starting last fall, and quit due to lack of miles mostly. When I talked to him this weekend, even his trainer, who is also a lease op, wasn't getting the miles he was before. They apparantly made some contract changes and don't have near the freight they used to.
I don't know enough about the rest to comment, although I've heard many good things about Roehl.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Hey Madii'swife.I see you live in Witchita Falls.Has your husband looked at Passmore out of Altus,Ok.? It is flatbed but they would get him home on weekends.I started driving for them and they seem like a good company so far.He would haul alot of sheetrock,but it would be preloaded and pretarped.All he would have to do is throw straps over it.Depending on his experience he would start around .36-.37 pre mile.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Hey Madii'swife.I see you live in Witchita Falls.Has your husband looked at Passmore out of Altus,Ok.? It is flatbed but they would get him home on weekends.I started driving for them and they seem like a good company so far.He would haul alot of sheetrock,but it would be preloaded and pretarped.All he would have to do is throw straps over it.Depending on his experience he would start around .36-.37 pre mile.
We did look into Passmore, but my husband was self-employed for a large gap, and then home with the children more, and we had trouble coming up with what they wanted for proof of that. Also, a touch scared with Prime buying them out.
Currently, he is more than happy with where he is at, and home every other weekend. We are planning a move anyhow, back up into Oklahoma, which would put us every weekend with TMC, which is who he is with. After that we are looking for something local, to have him home every night. Thanks for the info, we'll keep it in mind
Old 08-20-2007, 02:49 PM

Prime did buy them out,but they are separate companies.The only thing different is we may pull a prime flatbed sometimes.We can use their terminal in Springfeld for fuel.We will also keep the black peterbilts.Good luck in your move.