User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ode to sheepdancer

despite my aprehension at starting a not so holy war i must thank the man who dances with sheeps (i just hope it stops with dancing)

i was looking at my last three months continuity and realized my average is well over 1200 dollars a week with weekly home time this week was 1400 and i am home 4 nites and three days

like the honorable mr sheep stated average drivers will make average miles but above average drivers will make above average

i find this especially true in the dedicated world as everything you do (good or bad) will be noticed ....we have three managers/dispatchers for 40 drivers
so they figure out real quick who can handle what and they usually work me to my limit

it is nice to not be a number i know the sheepman didnt bring that up when i asked him about my particular dedicated account but it is a fringe benifit.

anyways just wanted to publicaly thank he who dances with sheep as all his answers and advice when i seeked it were dead on ......now i know nothing about the rest of the company or the otr side of jb but i can speak on my experience
Old 08-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Congradulations bigdad7 on being successful at your choosen career path! Just goes to show the neighsayers (spelling ?) out there, that when you apply yourself, success and enjoyment can be had in this industry.

Horseman
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 08-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Wow really? Who would of thought I would actually tell the truth about a job? :shock:
All kidding aside, OUTSTANDING! Im glad you are doing so well. As for when drivers say they are just a number over here. That is kind of an urban legend. When you are an outstanding driver, I guarantee you that most of the big wigs over here know exactly who you are and probably talk with you quite often. I see Craig Harper bring in drivers all the time though corporate and introduce them to all of us. In fact quite often everything in corporate stops completely, we all meet downstairs just to honor and meet some of our top drivers.
Keep up the great work and eventually Im sure you will be brought down here to lowell and I will get to meet you personally and show you how much we appreciate your hard work.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: ode to sheepdancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad7
despite my aprehension at starting a not so holy war i must thank the man who dances with sheeps (i just hope it stops with dancing)

i was looking at my last three months continuity and realized my average is well over 1200 dollars a week with weekly home time this week was 1400 and i am home 4 nites and three days

like the honorable mr sheep stated average drivers will make average miles but above average drivers will make above average

i find this especially true in the dedicated world as everything you do (good or bad) will be noticed ....we have three managers/dispatchers for 40 drivers
so they figure out real quick who can handle what and they usually work me to my limit

it is nice to not be a number i know the sheepman didnt bring that up when i asked him about my particular dedicated account but it is a fringe benifit.

anyways just wanted to publicaly thank he who dances with sheep as all his answers and advice when i seeked it were dead on ......now i know nothing about the rest of the company or the otr side of jb but i can speak on my experience
What are base-pay and accessories on that particular account?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Default base

38cpm
20 stop
20 hr after two hrs on delivery
practical miles
25 dollars a stop for backhaul pu and del
my average is about 3000 mpw and i have been averaging 100 to 200 a week in accessory

this week i did two runs first was 1500 miles 8 stops 1250 dh back
2nd was 150 out 1 stop 150 back home
left sat nite back thurs evening
short one was fri morning back friday afternoon

go back out mon morning .........now i have no way out of cutting the grass
Old 08-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Wow really? Who would of thought I would actually tell the truth about a job? :shock:
you better hope your boss doesnt find out

All kidding aside, OUTSTANDING! Im glad you are doing so well. As for when drivers say they are just a number over here. That is kind of an urban legend. When you are an outstanding driver, I guarantee you that most of the big wigs over here know exactly who you are and probably talk with you quite often. I see Craig Harper bring in drivers all the time though corporate and introduce them to all of us. In fact quite often everything in corporate stops completely, we all meet downstairs just to honor and meet some of our top drivers.
Keep up the great work and eventually Im sure you will be brought down here to lowell and I will get to meet you personally and show you how much we appreciate your hard work.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Sheepdancer, you need to start keeping stats. How many people from the CAD board have you put to work for JB and how many were happy?

You did me right when I went to JB, so 2 that I know for sure.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: ode to sheepdancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad7

Now many people here would think I would be the first to call "BULL$HIT", however, I'm not.

If your bringing that kinda cash home to your household, I'll say "great job" instead. I love to see a driver make good, no matter where they work.

Now if JB Hunt could get the rest of their drivers paid as much as you are, I would be out of business bashing them.

Hey Sheepdancer, you got one doing well. Now go get the rest, and put me out of business. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Am I missing something here? I thought you were Mr. Harper.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-18-2007, 10:05 PM

sheep didnt recruit me just answered some questions i had.....amazingly he gained not a thing off of me