User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trainer looking at Trans AM

Hello folks, Looking at Trans AM-Olathe KS, I need to get back into training students bored out there on the road plus I'm sick of driving old equipment.

What's the scoop on this company? They have new equipment that I know but how is this company as whole? Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Default Re: Trainer looking at Trans AM

I have seen a few newbie "Diaries". They all end up frustrated and quitting. It would appear you can do much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogoa2000
Hello folks, Looking at Trans AM-Olathe KS, I need to get back into training students bored out there on the road plus I'm sick of driving old equipment.

What's the scoop on this company? They have new equipment that I know but how is this company as whole? Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Trainer looking at Trans AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogoa2000

Hubby was there for 6 months. As far as new equipment the only ones who had "new" anything were the Lease Ops. Hubby started out in a 03, got moved "up" to an 04. I guess it depends on your definition of new equipment. Quite a few of their trailers are quite old as well though.

Decent company until they have to pay your first pay raise so it seems. When hubby was new he got 3000+ miles on a regular basis. As he approached his 6 month mark they dwindled down to 1800-2000 or so.

If you're planning on training the only nice thing for you would be that trainers and lease ops have priority...and that its just a 3 week train.

Any specific questions feel free to ask me on here or by pm if you can (didn't look sorry). Also I believe my "diary" from our time at TransAm is still in the pages of this thread as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Board Regular

I talked to two ex-Trans AM drives at one of our terminals last week while doing a reset. They had nothing good to say about them, as most ex-drivers of any company I guess. One of them was a trainer with them and he said he did alright, but was actually making the same money as a solo driver with Crete.

Not allot of info I realize, but he said he is much happier since he left Trans-AM.

[email protected]
Old 08-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Rookie
Default Eh

I spoke to a few drivers in the Kansas city area they were happy-they didnt appear to be over joyed and bouncing off walls thats a plus I guess. I took a job with RTI and these drivers hate life, company etc. Sigh! Last three weeks my avg been 1600 miles I havn't seen 2K yet.

How do you find a good company through a book? It's impossible I think. I trained for Central my avg weekly pay was 2K and 3rd/4th week sometimes was 3 to 4K after student got their endurance up; thats under a lease. However thanks guys
Old 08-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Senior Board Member

If you don't mind staying out for a few weeks at a time you might want to look at Crete. You won't make the extra money you might somewhere else because Crete won't dispatch you as a team but you can make some extra. Crete has an 8 week training period for newbs as well as 2 to 4 week refresher courses for drivers returning to the industry. If you feel like it go over to trucknet and look up a thread called "A trainers tale". Its by a Crete trainer whose been with the company close to 15 years. Its a good read.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Rookie

Stay away from TRANSAM or bring much ky with you cause they are getting like JB HUNT.. Russ DOENT know how to run a company Johnny needs to get back running it or close its doors or sell it or do something. they use to be good not any more.

PS: hate to say this Madii's wife,but i worned you about Transam and you thought i was full of it. dont know where your hubby is now but CFI seems to treat me right been here awhile now.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Rookie
Default my husband is with transam

My husband is a new driver with transam. This is his first trucking job, so he doesn't have much to compare it to. I can tell you the money has not been great. One week his pay was 86.00. This week he's been stuck at a shipper for 3 days waiting for a load! From what I've seen on here though, all these OTR companies are pretty much the same. He is just doing his time until he has the experience to get a dedicated or local job.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: my husband is with transam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty3
all these OTR companies are pretty much the same.
MOST BIG OTR COMPANIES ARE THE SAME. i work at a local, small OTR company and get home weekly.

thinking all OTR companies are the same is over used and untrue.