User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dist Tech

Does anybody have any info or experiences with this company ? Please don't refer me to their website or safersys !!
Old 08-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Rookie

Manfredi Motor Transit is now Dist Tech

John Manfredi and his son Frank started Manfredi Motor Transit Company in 1949. Their business transported milk from farms in the North of Ohio to Cleveland. By 1980, the company expanded their variety of carried products including chemical and food grade hauling, liquid and dry bulk.

The company changed their name to Distribution Technologies in 2004. Then the name was shorted to Dist Tech, its present name. Nowadays, Dist Tech has 25 locations across the country in cities like Pacific in Washington, Salt Lake City in Utah, Cleveland, Ohio; Bonita Springs, Florida and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Safety is extremely important to Dist Tech, they prefer that theirs drivers return home every day. They included driver fatigue monitors to detect tiredness and video systems in the tractors cab to alert the driver about blind points and collision dangers.

Dist Tech offers the services of Dedicated Contract Carriage, Returnable Container service and the Common carriage service. Inside the Dedicated service, Dist Tech offers advantages like planning of the transportation, proper equipment and technology and on site management.

In the common and returnable carriage services, Dist Tech gives customers the option to fit their fleet characteristics with their particular needs. This system wants to get low costs to their clients. Dist Tech also offers real time visibility by their supply chain via internet.

Dist Tech Company has divided both their fleet and their teams according to their capacities and characteristics. Local OTR and Team are the categories that they have. All the fleet has Wabco ABS brakes, Detroit Diesel or Caterpillar engines, cruise control, air ride, Qualcomm satellite systems and more.

Working as a driver for Dist Tech Company has benefits like life insurance, bonus programs, vacation policy and more.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Board Regular

Nice copy / paste job Vino. Why did you even bother, if you weren't able to answer my original question about the company ?!?!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:59 AM
Senior Board Member

When I was job hunting in this area in 05, I was not impressed with them. At that beaumont terminal, their newest tractor was a 98 fld120 daycab. They pushed the LP issue, before I ever looked at an employment app. After hearing how the management felt that $150 a day in wages was such an awesome thing...I walked out the door. LOL...turned out that most trucking companies down this way feel all a driver is worth is $150 a day.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Board Regular

I have a very close relative who has worked for them for many years. He likes them. I worked there for a while part-time before I went on feeder. I did not like them. The money was not very good, and if you had to sit at a customer (like loading resin) or a tank wash, they would always try and shaft you out of your money. Equipment, like the "pos" trailers (concrete additive/MasterBuilders account) leaks like a sieve, and of course you were expected to "fix" your logs. They do have some new equipment as far as tractors, but they also have a lot of old junk they bought from Penske. Healthcare is very expensive, 401K a joke...BTW, they changed the name to Dist-Tech several years ago after a very horrendous accident in Texas that killed a family. Shut down "Manfredi" (legally) and then voila, we are now Dist-Tech...buyer beware....
Old 08-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Board Regular

Thanks Orangetx and Feeder....that's the kind of info I was looking for. Cheers !!