User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

CRST is not the best company but when your new you take what you get and run with it. I don't plan on being with them forever. Just long enough to get my year under my belt and then go solo.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Rookie

Question: What is your definition of a "CDL mill"? The reason I ask is schools depend on volume to stay in business and be profitable. What could they do to make it not feel like a "CDl mill"? More 1 on 1 personalized training? More Q & A?

Thanks for your feedback. (I am not associated with the school, but I am interested in hearing about various schools as I have a vested interest in knowing about them for my business reasons.)

Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaik165
Question: What is your definition of a "CDL mill"? The reason I ask is schools depend on volume to stay in business and be profitable. What could they do to make it not feel like a "CDl mill"? More 1 on 1 personalized training? More Q & A?

Thanks for your feedback. (I am not associated with the school, but I am interested in hearing about various schools as I have a vested interest in knowing about them for my business reasons.)

Thanks
CDL mill to me is just a place to see how many people they can get in and out as quickly as they can. Barley any kind of training, behind the wheel that is. While I was in school I had barley 10 hours behind the wheel. The real training comes out on the road with whomever you are working for. I had to spend X-amount of dollars for this school or sign a eight month contract.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:21 PM

ogun67
i just declined a job with CRST due to a few reason's and Many Negative posts.
I hear what your saying about with little experience (i myself) we have to take what we get offered...I was trained thru Schneider National and I don't think i could have been trained better..I do agree i need a Refresher Course to make me feel more confident...but since i have a CDl-AX already i didn't feel i needed to take that risk and i wouldn't sign their $4000.00 contract for the 8 months...
I have searched here and other sites about CRST,,and i really found nothing Positive..most posts i seen was saying------RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! lol

I wish you BOL and Be Safe Out There!

Again i do understand we do what we got to do to go forward...
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Rookie

Any update?

I'm curious....thinking of going with CRST.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 PM

As soon as your contract is up go elsewhere. There are many companies willing to pay more than CRST and let you drive alone. The one month I spent on a truck with my trainer was some of the worst times in my life. Two grown men arent supposed to live in such close quarters, violence might ensue!