User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Swift Northeast

Im about half way thru my CDL training and was wondering if anybody had any info for Swift northeast. I see alot of talking about them but it all seems out west that everybody talks about. I live in Bighamton Ny and they got a terminal in syracuse 50m away from me. Im just trying to get some ideas of where to work when im done training. I got prehires from swift,werner,TMC,WillowrunFoods,Roehl,central refrigerated,C,R England,Schaffer trucking. pretty much everbody lol...
Old 07-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Looking at the pay, work hours and benefits and I would go woth Willow Food. This is off their website.

Quote:
Compensation

Drivers are paid by the mile, case, and stop, and for overnights. Add to that weekly computer and on-time bonuses and our drivers are averaging $875.00 for a 4-day work week (2-2 day runs).

Up to $5000 reimbursement for relocation expenses

Employee Ownership

Because Willow Run Foods is a 100% employee owned company, everyone shares in the growth of the company. Willow Run Foods contributes annually into your Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Employees can also contribute to a 401k savings plan.

Equipment

We run all late-model Freightliner Columbia & Century Class tractors. All of our tractors have a sleeper berth, 10 speed transmission, engine brakes, cruise, AC, and AM/FM cassette.

Our fleet of trailers consist of 48 foot Great Dane's that are compartmentalized for freezer, cooler, and dry product.

Benefits

Comprehensive benefits including:

Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO Medical Insurance including Dental
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Company supplied uniforms
Steel Toed boot reimbursement
Driver operating cash
EZ Pass & PA Toll Card

Facility

You'll be operating out of one of America's top 10 largest food distributors in one location incorporating on-site fuel island, trailer repair shop, Ryder shop, and wash bay.

Everything you need you'll find here at Willow Run Foods.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Swift Northeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2898ls1
Im about half way thru my CDL training and was wondering if anybody had any info for Swift northeast. I see alot of talking about them but it all seems out west that everybody talks about. I live in Bighamton Ny and they got a terminal in syracuse 50m away from me. Im just trying to get some ideas of where to work when im done training. I got prehires from swift,werner,TMC,WillowrunFoods,Roehl,central refrigerated,C,R England,Schaffer trucking. pretty much everbody lol...
Looking at the list and where you live, I would go with Willow Run also. If you don't mind doing some physical work, Willow Run would be the better. The pay would be more, home more often. Get some experience with them and then try Maines Paper and Foodservice. Might be able to get a run with a day cab and home every night.
Did you try Maines? They are HQ in your town. They take CDL school grads from what I hear.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 07-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Board Regular

Willow Run!
You will work your ass off, but you'll be properly compensated for it.
:lol:
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Rookie

yea ive looked into Maines but there not hireing and new school grads right now. that might change when im done but who knows..Ive been leaning towards Willow run. ive talked to a couple drivers they seem pretty happy but they warned me of some weird policies like if the warehouse shorts u cases for delivery they take it out of ur pay. which sounds pretty stupid. and one driver commented that ur only a number to them nothin else. but i think i could deal with the bullshit..