User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Local Fuel Transport Jobs

Are local fuel transport jobs pretty good for companies like pilot and flying J?

What are the average salaries and hours like?

Is there a lot of layoffs with this type of job?

I also heard that fuel transport drivers have to get their blood checked often because of health problems; is this true?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Rookie
Default Floaters

I have hauled fuel for years...blood checked??? wifes tale.. Some of the best jobs out there are "floaters" for Flying J...They fly you from your home to where they need you. Maybe a driver sick, need extra trucks, or just too much product loading up....fly you out, rent you a car for your stay there, give you 52.00 day for living expenses...(I made out, hauling my own 5th wheel)...and guarantee you 800.00 week if you did not haul anything. That guarantee I think caps at 1200.00 depending on where they send you. Of course they are hoping you like where they sent you, and want to stay permanant....but if not, you get flown back, and do the whole thing all over again............its really not a bad deal......
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Floaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctruckingdude
I have hauled fuel for years...blood checked??? wifes tale...
Actually not so much a tale. I worked for ARCO for 14 years. They checked our blood anually for most of that time. They also did physicals annually. Just before the BP buyout, they changed over to every 2 years for both the blood test's and physical. BP stopped the blood testing in 2000.

BTW...they were developing a cancer baseline. Checked for precursors from benzene contamination.