User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pro Logistics in Romulus, MI

Since I've passed a year of experience, I've started to field calls from a few LTL and local outfits. I've had ongoing conversations over the course of the last six months with quite a few people, but without a year of experience it was rarely more than that. As far as the OTR jobs go, I have a pretty damn good one, so all of the "We'll get you home (however often)" calls get dismissed pretty quickly. If I were to make a move, it would be one that allowed me to play baseball in the summer and go out drinking at night. That means home daily.

I got a call from these guys this morning and couldn't get them to tell me the pay structure. Here's the question, and I'll try to be specific. Does anyone work for these guys and, if so, what is the pay scale? That's it.

I've already read all the posts from the LTL guys saying their jobs are wonderful. I get it, so that won't be necessary here. To be honest, from the calls I've received so far, I'm pretty sure I'd rather stay on the road. The only reason I ask about Pro Logistics is that their terminal is about two miles from my house and someone mentioned to my mom that I should check into them if I ever wanted to come off the road. From what I can see, the terminal is pretty ghetto, but if they pay well I might want to continue the conversation. Any input from someone familiar with this company would be appreciated.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Rookie

Aren't they affiliated with or owned by Central Transport. I see their trucks near the Central Transport terminal in Romulus.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Senior Board Member

About the only explanation I have gotten on Central and Pro Logistics is that they are somehow affiliated. Apparently Central is non-union with slightly higher pay and Pro Logistics is union with slightly better benefits. I have read some unflattering things on here about Central but haven't really dug anything up (positive or negative) on Pro Logistics.

I have actually received a call every now and then from Central, so perhaps that's a conversation to continue whenever appropriate. I don't really care much about benefits, as I find myself to be self-sufficient, so pay is all I'm trying to find at this point. Then, if the pay warrants further investigation, I can take it from there.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)