User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Car Hauling

I'm approaching my 10th month solo and i'm really itching to leave my first trucking job(Swift) asap. I originally planned on sticking with Swift for about 8 more months to try training, but, at this point, I just really don't see that happening.

I've just started researching other companies/options and there are only two car haulers who hire without previous experience (PMTG and Waggoners) that I know of.

Does anyobody know of other car haulers who will hire without experience, or have any advice for me?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Senior Board Member

United Road is hiring like crazy now.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You may want to stick it out for a little longer. I would stay for at least a year. You will find it much easier to get on with a better carrier if you show some longevity and stability in your driving career.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 AM

Thanks for the replies fellas

GMAN, I definitely agree with staying a full year if you can stick it out. Sparing all the details, I'm trying to get a new DM, because the one I have screwed me over royally on planned time off. I filed a formal complaint to the next level up, and wasn't (still aren't) satisfied with the outcome. I've tried getting ahold of his boss, and have yet to receive a returned phone call. 10 days later, i've had shit for miles, and i've been "randomly" drug tested. I've never felt such disrespect from anyone in my life, let alone an employer... All of this after 9 months of pretty much smooth sailing... never late, turned down only 1 load to canada, decent miles, etc. etc.

Swift's new big thing is driver retention... yet it seems they are doing everything they can to push me out.

I'm taking my issue all the way to the top if I feel it isn't resolved locally by mid week.

The only reason i'm still here... is because I have several buds from school who are already with their 3rd company... and they just don't seem to get it...