User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Question, need advice...

Hello all. I had a question I wanted to ask some of you experienced drivers out there.

I have heard of a few truck drivers that have trucking jobs that allow them to run a certain run to a certain part of the country, then work their way back, and they do this every time out. For example, I have heard one guy saying that he leaves from Pennsylvania and makes a run to California, then works his way back from there and is out 2 1/2 weeks at a time. And that is all he does is those California runs, then comes back to PA. I don't know what company he worked for (but I do know he wasn't an O/O), but my question is do any of you guys have gigs like this? Where you can just run to one area, then come back? If so, what kind of companies, if any, have opportunities like this? I was just wondering because I was interested in finding a gig like that someday here.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Board Regular

Tom,
Generally those are dedicated runs. Many companies have these. The one you are referring to probably picks up at the same facilty every time in PA, and delivers at the same every time in CA.

They don't have a certain run back to PA, so the driver takes whatever he can as a backhaul.

Usually dedicated runs require some experience.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Foodservice runs are like that. And I am not talking about local ones. My old run would leave the Pittsburgh area and head out to NJ. 7 stops. Make about 3-4 pickups on the way back.
Now I just leave the warehouse before the sun rises and return. Under 100 air miles. NO LOG BOOK!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE