User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What's the scoop on Marten's western regional fleet? How many miles can one expect? Any mention of their drop/stop/detention pay? I couldn't find this on their site. All in all is it a decent company to work for?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB JR.
What's the scoop on Marten's western regional fleet? How many miles can one expect? Any mention of their drop/stop/detention pay? I couldn't find this on their site. All in all is it a decent company to work for?
Personally, I think so. Never had to worry about any extra pay. Usually, within an hour after sending empty or loaded call, they'll send me a message telling me how much detention I made.(without me ever saying a word) Just got to send your canned messages in. i.e.- send arrival @ shipper as soon as you get there,loaded when you leave,etc...

As far as extra stop pay, it's automatically put on your check when you transflo in your paperwork.

Other type "extra" pay will depend on you and your FM. I have no problem telling my FM the circumstances and he shoots me money all the time. They pay $50 a day extra, if they don't get you home on the day you request. I was a day late getting home one time, due to loading problems at a shipper, and he sent me $150 because of the hassle of getting loaded and for being late getting home.

I have NEVER had a problem getting paid, getting hometime, or getting miles. Also, NEVER been "pushed" to run illegally. I can run 1,000 or 4,000 nd they don't bother me. Tonight, when I drop this load I'll be sitting on 2,847 paid miles for the week.(Sunday night is cutoff and it's only Thursday)

Another plus is all the drop and hook. In all my reefer exp., I've never seen a company that drop and hooks so much. Most of my live unloads end up being d/h, due to being early.

Any other questions, just PM me.