User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ace Worldwide

Have interview on Monday for Ace Worldwide local (within 500 mile radius) Milwaukee, WI. Don't know the first thing about working for a HHG mover. Any insight about the HHG's industry concerning driving, pay, etc... OR Ace Worldwide local in particular, would be most appreciated.
"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters - BARACK OBAMA
Old 07-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Board Regular

can't comment on the pay, but just wait till you have some moron that wants his baby grand piano on the 10th floor of his condo and it won't fit in the elevator. I only did it local for 3 months before I decided it sucked and quit. Homes that were nasty, finding things you never want to see, but its got to be packed. People no where NEAR ready for you. Carrying heavy stuff up multiple flights of stairs.

Good Luck Semper Fi, thats all I can say.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 07-07-2007, 06:50 PM

Hmmm...
"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters - BARACK OBAMA
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 PM

To funny. I started out driving for ace world wide in Cudahy back in 2000. Thats where I got my CDL. They where quite unorganized when I worked for them. Dispatcher didn't give 2 S#%s about anything. I can't say how they are now, It's been so long.

HHG can be demanding but it can be fun, and yes it can be good money if you find a company that pays well.

My only complaint is the lumpers that work for these companys, they really don't care either. I had 4 guys with me one time and made it a mile down the road when I got a little whiff of the "wacky tabacky" coming from my sleeper birth. I locked up my brakes and stopped my rig right in the middle of a busy road and made every last one of those guys get out of my truck right there on the spot. turned around went back to the yard, told the dispatcher that you should be seeing them within the hour, and asked for a new crew. needless to say they didn't work for ace anymore.