User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
...It would seem that the Republicans have every intention of replacing you with a non-American driver who will work for 1/3rd or less of your pay....
Republicans only? Not Democrats too?

Remember it takes two to tango.

The name of the game is "Let's get the most votes." Both the Democrats and Republicans are targeting the same issues (such as Mexican truckers crossing the border, illegal immigrant amnesty, etc.) in order to win the most votes on election day.

Here's an article 1-year ago highlighting what's at stake: Bush Is Losing Hispanics' Support, Polls Show

It's all about getting enough "swing" votes to win the next election.

Welcome to American politics in the 21st century.

BTW...I don't like how this "game" is played...but that's the reality....
Old 06-30-2007, 05:11 AM

Democrat or Republican.....both are the same.... slime....

This country truly needs to either get a third party in...OR Elect ALL of the incumbants OUT..... Regardless of Party....
Old 06-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Board Regular

we could be a parlimenatary govt and what ever party wins gets to elect the prime minister(prez) and they can let him stay in office as long as the party is still in office. imagine slick willie or lil' bush in office for 15 years. then we would all be crying. i can tolerate 4-8 years.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Ya know, even if one doesn't like to hear it.

One of Capitalisms strongest points is the endless ways it can find to devalue human labor.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member

I love it when a question about how it is to work for a company becomes a full blown political argument in which no one can even remember the company name the driver asked about...
Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
I love it when a question about how it is to work for a company becomes a full blown political argument in which no one can even remember the company name the driver asked about...
CELADON 8) 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels
Quote:
...It would seem that the Republicans have every intention of replacing you with a non-American driver who will work for 1/3rd or less of your pay....

No, the Dems were not involved. Much of this crap went down while the Repubs controlled congress... In fact the much disgraced "lizard boy", aka Newt Gingrich has been one of the major "cheerleaders" of the movement undertaken by the Repubs and the shills at the ATA to replace Americans with Mexican drivers.....

Quote:
The name of the game is "Let's get the most votes." Both the Democrats and Republicans are targeting the same issues (such as Mexican truckers crossing the border, illegal immigrant amnesty, etc.) in order to win the most votes on election day.
How well we all know that....but up until recently...when it became amply clear that the Repubs didn't just suffer a minor setback in the last elections, they arrogantly weren't worried about having lost....afterall, the jackass named "Rove" told them it was no big deal..... Teeeheee. Now that the American "people" the electorate has raised their hackles and started biting back.....they are starting to sing a slightly different tune.

Quote:
Here's an article 1-year ago highlighting what's at stake: Bush Is Losing Hispanics' Support, Polls Show

Yep, I agree, and thats why no elected office in the land should be held for more than 2 years, and have a term limit imposed of 2 years and 1 day, with no benefits, pay or retirement.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels
Quote:

No, the Dems were not involved. Much of this crap went down while the Repubs controlled congress... In fact the much disgraced "lizard boy", aka Newt Gingrich has been one of the major "cheerleaders" of the movement undertaken by the Repubs and the shills at the ATA to replace Americans with Mexican drivers.....

Quote:
How well we all know that....but up until recently...when it became amply clear that the Repubs didn't just suffer a minor setback in the last elections, they arrogantly weren't worried about having lost....afterall, the jackass named "Rove" told them it was no big deal..... Teeeheee. Now that the American "people" the electorate has raised their hackles and started biting back.....they are starting to sing a slightly different tune.

Quote:

Yep, I agree, and thats why no elected office in the land should be held for more than 2 years, and have a term limit imposed of 2 years and 1 day, with no benefits, pay or retirement.
Sorry to disagree with you SkyWalker....but NAFTA also comes to my mind....THE WORST agreement EVER for the working person of this country.....guess who was President.... Mr. Slick Willy himself....he had his little puppet Al Gore go on Larry King and debate Ross Perot... Im not a Perot fan.....but he was right when he said all the jobs will go south...

I agree with you Skywalker about the term limits.....no doubt
Old 07-01-2007, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
CELADON 8) 8)

:lol: :lol:
Old 07-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATMANN
Sorry to disagree with you SkyWalker....but NAFTA also comes to my mind....THE WORST agreement EVER for the working person of this country.....guess who was President.... Mr. Slick Willy himself....he had his little puppet Al Gore go on Larry King and debate Ross Perot... Im not a Perot fan.....but he was right when he said all the jobs will go south...

I agree with you Skywalker about the term limits.....no doubt
Ahh, yes, slick willy was the Prez....but the Republicans controlled the Congress at the time....in fact "lizard boy" was head cheerleader, no? 8)

I remember when Ross said that.... I just wonder how many jobs he "outsourced"??? But...you have to admit.... a career politician "debating" an unabashed capatalist... :shock: :? 8) Thats a "hoot"..... :lol: