User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any info on Gordon or Interstate?

I have to decide this week on which of these 2 company to hire on with. I'm a new graduate....Thanks! :shock:
Old 06-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Default Re: Any info on Gordon or Interstate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by softnrough
I have to decide this week on which of these 2 company to hire on with. I'm a new graduate....Thanks! :shock:
GRATS!!! On getting your CDL.....

After researching the two companies....what have you found to be the PROS and CONS of each one...

Which one pays more?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Rookie

Interstate pays less, 7 weeks training, :-(, no CD player

Pros- Excellent benefits, new equipment and 48 states, well not really but it's not regional. Condo Cab

Gordon doesnt allow pets and is only regional- small cabs

Pays more per mile.

I guess my concern is, is reaching and or exceeding 10,000 realistic for either company?

I've been reading up on these users experiences and I haven't heard anything bad or good with either company
Old 06-23-2007, 09:08 PM

Why not check Crete out? They have great training and will pay almost 10 cents more than either Interstate or Gordon.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver67373
Why not check Crete out? They have great training and will pay almost 10 cents more than either Interstate or Gordon.
Thats what I was thinking but he asked about the 2 above companies
Old 06-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Rookie

I did check out Crete but they wouldn't accept the school I went to. I have to wait 6 months before they'll take me on as a trainee.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:44 AM

I researched both companies also. After graduation I went with IDC. Both companies are very similar. The guys running both grew up together.
IDC has better equipment. They run autoshifts and have inverters in the older trucks (2004-06) and EPU's in the 2007's. They equip their trucks with aluminum wheels and have truck washes in at least 3 of their terminals. The Volvo's have huge condo sleepers with a breakfast nook that converts to a lower bunk and an upper bunk. They have a beautiful main terminal in Tacoma that has a diner in it. They also allow pets with a deposit ($750 with $500 of it refundable)

Gordon runs Freightliners exclusively. They own the dealership next to their corporate office. Their trucks are all 10 speeds with no inverters. They don't even allow inverters. The trucks have weed burner exhaust that draws complaints from other truckers who have to park next to them. They don't have pavement in their main terminal. It turns into a mud hole in the winter. I don't know about you. But, I can't stand the baby blue color of their trucks!

You'll see both companies running pretty similar routes (I-5 corridor). They both run into Canada. Both companies run 48 states. But, their bread and butter has been the I-5/western states routes.

It may come down to the color of the trucks that determines where you choose to work!

Good luck!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie McRookerson
I researched both companies also. After graduation I went with IDC. Both companies are very similar. The guys running both grew up together.
IDC has better equipment. They run autoshifts and have inverters in the older trucks (2004-06) and EPU's in the 2007's. They equip their trucks with aluminum wheels and have truck washes in at least 3 of their terminals. The Volvo's have huge condo sleepers with a breakfast nook that converts to a lower bunk and an upper bunk. They have a beautiful main terminal in Tacoma that has a diner in it. They also allow pets with a deposit ($750 with $500 of it refundable)

Gordon runs Freightliners exclusively. They own the dealership next to their corporate office. Their trucks are all 10 speeds with no inverters. They don't even allow inverters. The trucks have weed burner exhaust that draws complaints from other truckers who have to park next to them. They don't have pavement in their main terminal. It turns into a mud hole in the winter. I don't know about you. But, I can't stand the baby blue color of their trucks!

You'll see both companies running pretty similar routes (I-5 corridor). They both run into Canada. Both companies run 48 states. But, their bread and butter has been the I-5/western states routes.

It may come down to the color of the trucks that determines where you choose to work!

Good luck!
I am also looking closely at IDC and Gordon after I graduate from school. I live in Eugene, OR and which carrier travels the I-5 corridor the most. Also, how long were you in training with IDC before going solo.