User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Which is better: Yanke or private?

Ok so I'm in a bit of a predicament right now and need to choose between 2 companies. I have one year of experience. I could either
-work for a private dispatcher, which will pay me $0.22 cents a mile for team to go to California, but that's all I'll be able to earn- ie. no border crossing, no stopovers fees, etc. I will have to incorporate my own company because my company does not register for taxes for me. I will drive a one year old truck. I don't think there is a limit on how much I could drive a day
-or work for Yanke, which will pay me $0.35 a mile for solo, plus border crossing, loading fees, delays, and all the extra fees that real companies pay. I presume that I'd also be able to qualified for all of its benefits such as health benefits and pension right away. I think there is a limit for how much I'll be able to drive

Which should I choose? Does the Yanke name matter when it comes to getting future jobs?
Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Which is better: Yanke or private?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverbob
Ok so I'm in a bit of a predicament right now and need to choose between 2 companies. I have one year of experience. I could either
-work for a private dispatcher, which will pay me $0.22 cents a mile for team to go to California, but that's all I'll be able to earn- ie. no border crossing, no stopovers fees, etc. I will have to incorporate my own company because my company does not register for taxes for me. I will drive a one year old truck. I don't think there is a limit on how much I could drive a day
-or work for Yanke, which will pay me $0.35 a mile for solo, plus border crossing, loading fees, delays, and all the extra fees that real companies pay. I presume that I'd also be able to qualified for all of its benefits such as health benefits and pension right away. I think there is a limit for how much I'll be able to drive

Which should I choose? Does the Yanke name matter when it comes to getting future jobs?
Thanks
It all comes down to the next job. Being able to varify where you have worked last is required. I would choose Yanke for that reason alone. I have worked for people who disappeered on me....I have to use my w-2 to verify I worked for them.

If you go private, save ALL of your paperwork..check stubs, fuel receits, everything for at least 10 years. If that guy can't be reached by your future employer, you can use those to establish you worked for him. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a contract.

Just my thought.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yanke_drvr who belongs to this forum seems to really like Yanke's Operation. Maybe he'll show up to fill you in on them.
I think he's getting plenty of miles
Old 06-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Which is better: Yanke or private?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverbob

Thanks
It all comes down to the next job. Being able to varify where you have worked last is required. I would choose Yanke for that reason alone. I have worked for people who disappeered on me....I have to use my w-2 to verify I worked for them.

If you go private, save ALL of your paperwork..check stubs, fuel receits, everything for at least 10 years. If that guy can't be reached by your future employer, you can use those to establish you worked for him. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a contract.

Just my thought.
It comes down to doing enough research to find the right company in the first place and not having to change companies than have to find a company that you will be able to verify for the next company. Which one of these companies will you be able to fit in the most and will give you what you like and need?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Rookie

^ To be honest, I dont like either of these dispatchers. However, because I lack the experience to find companies that will hire me as a full driver (normal pay, etc), I just want to use them as steppingstones on to better jobs. All I want to know is which of these packages is a better deal in the end, and will offer the best benefits in terms of lifestyle, total compensation, and experience.
Thanks for your thoughts
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member

DriverBob, have you ever driven team before?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:23 AM
Rookie

Yeah, across the country. I have no preference either towards or against it though.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

what good do fuel receipts do in verifying employment. a simple 1099 should work. which is required to sub contractors...this is how you pay your taxes...the same as a w2