User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Epes Transport NC

Looking for news on Epes in Greensboro NC. I recently went throught their terminal and was shocked! Had heard good things but when I went in to the bathrooms it was like they were never cleaned them and the smell was terrible. The terminal is okay for all those who are not drivers, the drivers are forced to use a small bathroom out in the dirt lot. There is no paper products, the filth I saw there reminds me of the bathrooms I saw when my daughter went to some out of the way places in Benin on the Africain west coast. I asked a number of drivers why the situation was like this and they replied, " this is the way it has always been." Anyone have any more to say about Epes?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:46 AM

I have never driven for them but I used to run into a lot of Epes drivers and they all seemed pretty happy. They haul a lot of tobacco into eastern NC from eastern NC. KY, TN, & GA. There is a lot of LONG waits for empties doing that (with all companies, not just Epes) but they still seemed happy. Thier equipment looks to be clean and well maintained. They also have a terminal in Elm City NC.