User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if USX will allow a husband and wife team to be trained together when completing their 150 hours of training for recent CDL graduates? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmujica
Does anyone know if USX will allow a husband and wife team to be trained together when completing their 150 hours of training for recent CDL graduates? Thanks.
I've never heard. Did you ask a recruiter? Also, something to think about, is three people in a truck can be pretty tight over a period of time.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
sgtmujica wrote:

Each will have their own trainer. Your wife will have the option of a male or female trainer.

I may have my gripes with USX but not with their Finishing program.
Its the best out there.

There are numerous threads where other companies treat trainess and trainers as teams. BAD NEW BEARS. Those programs send unprepared drivers out into the solo and in your case team world.

The finishing program I went through was:

The trainee is behind the wheel for the FULL 150 Hours. The trainer is in the jump seat, logging on line 4 and giving advice, guidence and standing on the ground beside tractor while the trainee is backing. You are dispatched as a solo driver. If you are dispatched and the trainee does not have the hours, satcom your Dispatcher with your current pta, eta and request a reschedule delivery. The only two times i heard a trainer take the wheel was when the trainer felt the trainee was too incompetent to handle a class 8 vehicle and the other is when a trainee up and quites- walkes away.

The trainer grades you daily, with weekly written reports to the trainer supervisor. Your trainer determines after 150 hours if you are ready to upgrade, you will stay out until he feels you are ready and can pass the tests. He doesn't not get paid untill you upgrade. You grade your trainmer also.

You take a written test. take a map skills test and a full bore driving and backing test.

How can a so called trainer teach you what to look for and how to react to different situations if he/he in the sleeper. That is putting you, the trainer and every motorist within a 1/2 mile of you at risk.