User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

As for the trailers, I've not really seen a pool of new aluminum trailers yet - but you know if they are ordering them in they will move out of the terminal FAST. No one wants a steel unless it's all that's there. Heck, one time I ended up with one of the stretch trailers that weighed more empty than the total weight of the freight (styrofoam insulation) I picked up!

They deadheaded me from Laredo to Houston not long ago. When I got to the yard, I went in and the dipactcher found out I had a drop-deck, he told me to go see if there was a flatbed out there because they couldn't load the pipe on a drop-deck. They only had one left and it was an old steel one with boards nailed in it. I don't know what the next guy who bob tailed or came in with a drop deck was gonna do!

I'm in truck 330439 if you're around (company number 5085 - don't have my lease numbers on it yet)....I'll hopefully be gone no later than Tuesday morning though - shop willing :lol: If I don't catch you this time though, hopefully you'll stick around long enough so we can meet up.[/quote]

So you are lease purchase (linehaul or regional)? You were a company driver before right? Good luck, I have talked to several and some have made it work, but many I talked to couldn't make it and went back to a company truck. But I guess that is one good thing about it, Arrow doesn't mind if you switch back.
I am a linehaul company driver in one of the KW's, I will say hey if I see you!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member

It is good to hear Arrow is doing some improvements!! When I was upstairs a few months ago some guy came in and asked to see the Tulsa plans....these were blueprints for a whole renavation of the building. They also had plans for the other termnals as well 8)

Good luck dsl girl!! I hope it works out for ya this time....

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 06-04-2007, 05:03 AM
Senior Board Member

hey tootie, thanks for the best wishes! Since I cut out the dead weight of my ex, I think things will be QUITE different this time around :wink:

married, I was L/P before on the Dallas Regional board. This time around (yes, I'm back as an L/P) I'm going to stick on the linehaul one to let my other half see a little more of the country again and take advantage of high freight. I did like running regional though - made very good money most times.