User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I explained this in another thread. Yes, a lot of us JB recruiter pay for our own websites, including me. We are NOT allowed to use JBs logo or things of the such on our website. I know the recruiter quite well who owns that site. Like me, he is a very honest guy. If he was telling you about a certain dedicated job, you can be assured that he was being striaght with you.
And yes, if the dedicated job is the one Im thinking about, it does pay around 60 grand a year. However, it is filled. Just got the email about 20 minutes ago.
There are a couple of other dedicated jobs open in delaware. They are more like regional which get you home on the weekend. One pays about 55k a year and the other about 49k.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
I explained this in another thread. Yes, a lot of us JB recruiter pay for our own websites, including me. We are NOT allowed to use JBs logo or things of the such on our website. I know the recruiter quite well who owns that site. Like me, he is a very honest guy. If he was telling you about a certain dedicated job, you can be assured that he was being striaght with you.
And yes, if the dedicated job is the one Im thinking about, it does pay around 60 grand a year. However, it is filled. Just got the email about 20 minutes ago.
There are a couple of other dedicated jobs open in delaware. They are more like regional which get you home on the weekend. One pays about 55k a year and the other about 49k.
Why would an add for Central Transport come up when you google the phone number?

Old 06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Why would an add for Central Transport come up when you google the phone number?
Probably because of the way Google advertising works. When someone searches any trucking company my site could come up. Depending which keywords I pay for. Do you want to hear the funniest story. There is a message board out there much like this one except it is very Anti-jbhunt. In fact the dude that started it started it for just that purpose, to try to hurt our business over here. (cluggy might like it there) The funny thing is because of the way Google advertising works, for quite a while my website was the advertisment on the top of that message board. What makes it even more funny is that I got quite a few hires from that ad.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
Probably because of the way Google advertising works. When someone searches any trucking company my site could come up. Depending which keywords I pay for. Do you want to hear the funniest story. There is a message board out there much like this one except it is very Anti-jbhunt. In fact the dude that started it started it for just that purpose, to try to hurt our business over here. (cluggy might like it there) The funny thing is because of the way Google advertising works, for quite a while my website was the advertisment on the top of that message board. What makes it even more funny is that I got quite a few hires from that ad.

Just another slam? Here is what is funny. I like it here. And i also realize that nothing I say will ever affect anyones decision to work at JB Hunt. No-body will ever say "I didn't go there because Cluggy told me not to." So why do I bash on JB? Because I can for the way i was treated, for one. Second, it releases stress. Does anyone really, and I do mean really care what i have to say? No.

So there you are.

As far as another site? I did at one time check others out. Every one that I checked out bashes on JB a whole lot than me....Do I need to catch up? No, I think every truck driving site bashes just about every big company out there, even some of the JB Hunt is home sites.

But I make a deal with ya'll. Someone else takes over bashing JB, and I'll take a break. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'