User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well Isn't a Trucking company goal to move Goods? If so would it be best if they had the equipment to haul whatever a customer wanted to be moved? Rather it a Flatbed Load, Dry Van, or Reefer? MAny Companies has Reefers you may not realize. ATS, Flatbed/DryVan they have a Fleet of Reefers also. it for one account they have.. While Driving for ATS Dry Vans I was in St Cloud and got called by my Dispatcher. A Reefer Driver was out sick, and they needed a load pulled. I bobtailed to the next Town and hooked up a load and with to St Paul, Emptied out and deadheaded back. I'm one who'll Pull a Flatbed, Dry Van or a Reefer. I like them all.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibamars
Apparently the problems with the old company was they were shipping to Florida alot but couldnt get the drivers back home. I guess they were sitting a little bit. Roehl does alot of pickup down south. they have freight coming out of Palatka FL (GP) if not there then they will usually route you to Georgia or Alabama to keep you moving. I used to deliver in Fl once a week with Roehl, so I know where they used to pick up. This might not be bad gig seeng as you can pickup frozen foor or dry frieght.
One problem pulling paper out of Palatka with a reefer would be the weight of the loads......they do like to get as close to max as possible!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Swift's been running reefers for years - there was a ton of them the last time I saw the Salt Lake City terminal when I was running for them.

As for Roehl... huh...that's interesting, but I find it even more so that they didn't suck them under the Roehl fleet name. I'm somewhat surprised they're trying the reefer side and not just expanding their van division.