User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ATTN: Crete Carrier MidWest regional drivers(Which Terminal)

Which terminal is better to work out of?
Columbus, OH or Indianapolis, IN.????

Pros and Cons of each one Please.

I have been told by a few drivers that the Columbus Oh manager treats the drivers like crud; they say to work out of the Indy terminal.

Mind you I know that which company you work for or terminal you work out of it will not be perfect cause there is no such thing. You get out of the job and people what you put in to it. I will treat people with the respect they deserve but at the same time I expect to be treated the same. (Sorry if that sounds like a rant; just cutting some of the comments off at the pass as it were.)

Off subject title for a moment.

Do you just run the states in the midwest division that is listed on the crete website?

Are you home every weekend for a full weekend or just your 34 hr reset? (I realize there might be a weekend you will have to work; after after all this is trucking. Wouldn't be the first time and surely won't be the last but there is always hoping u don't have to.)

How much percentage wise (really rough guesstimate) is driver load/unload--drop/hook?

Any other info or anything else to share about them would be appreciated.

I realize some of these ?'s probably have been asked and answered; I have done a search but can't find specifics on these ?'s---So I thought I'd ask.

My apologies if they have been asked.

Thanks in advance for the replies
Old 05-16-2007, 06:50 PM

I would definately go with the Indy terminal. Donna treats everyone great. I would say for home time I average about 48 hours on weekends. Of course this will depend on where you live. I'm up in the northwest corner of Ohio just east of Fort Wayne. Drop and hook is probably about 75% D&H for me.

Driver unload has happened only once for me. I had to throw pallets down under slipsheets and put stickers on 44 pallets. Not real tough at all but got paid for a full trailer unload.