User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lost in Buffalo

I got 9 months exp OTR,started with Gainey,no miles.Went to WH Transportation,great people to work for but I have family in Charlotte and I wanted to see more of them so I switched to Covenant. What a weird screwed up place.My dispatcher was a decent fella and the drivers I met were really decent types but something strange is going on in that main office. I was told .33cpm to start and got.29.The people I spoke with about my problem made me physically sick. Not one Covenant driver I met had any thing good to say about the main office.To make a long story short,Im back home in Buffalo with several companies to choose from and Im very nervous about my next move. I just want to work.Covenant really got me
cautious.I really love trucking but reading this website makes me feel like the trucking companies are really out to dog us drivers. Its too late to go back to construction,I got diesel in my blood. I got Garvin GPS,MS streets and trips,and a Rand Mcnally Atlas and Im lost in my own home town.Please assist.Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Board Regular

With 3 different companies in less than a year, you better make sure that you make a good decision this time. You are going to be labled as a "job-hopper", no good company is going to want you if you keep this up.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Rookie

Thats exactly why Im nervous about my next move.I take trucking serious and I have a large family to support. Im sitting here online when I should be on the road making money.Buffalo is a rough place to grow up, I really thought I seen it all thouughout the years but now I feel naive. Why do trucking companies screw over their drivers?Are the corporations really selling out the American worker and the American way of life?Should I just drive and take the BS and lies and accept it? Is there a company that shoots straight out here? I miss the road but I just refuse to go for the crap Ive been getting. Good or bad,give me a reply.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:47 AM

i havn't worked for any of these companies but have you looked at any these companies the seem to run heavy in the ne? cfi,bar nunn,jacobson,schneider,tmc.there is alot more with alot of companies that have dedicated runs in the ne that could damn near have you home every night.i don't know your experiance but you shouldn't limit your self to dry van there is all kinds of other stuff in your area you could run and still make a decent living..just my opinion...
Old 05-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

I hate to say this but....... CR England runs dedicated out of Sorranto Cheese on South Park Ave. Might be able to get you some really good hometime.

Also, Path trucklines(flatbed) is based out of Dunkirk,NY. Better chance of really good hometime with them.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 05-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Give Knight a call and talk to them.

Heck they have a big terminal in Charlotte and they most likely could get you through there all you want.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the info drivers,Monday morning I will be in contact with all the companies suggested,even CREngland. Im leaning toward flatbed cause I hear they run more steady.I have seen a lot of TMC rigs up here.
I will definitly post here before I make a final decision.Thanks again.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I will be in contact with all the companies suggested,even CREngland.
Just stay away from the lease/purchcse deal.

Quote:
Im leaning toward flatbed
Try Path down in Dunkirk, NY first. They could get you alot better hometime being that they are down the road.

Here's a start:
http://www.pathtrucklines.com/term.php

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 05-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Lost in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffron
I got 9 months exp OTR,started with Gainey,no miles.Went to WH Transportation,great people to work for but I have family in Charlotte and I wanted to see more of them so I switched to Covenant. What a weird screwed up place.My dispatcher was a decent fella and the drivers I met were really decent types but something strange is going on in that main office. I was told .33cpm to start and got.29.The people I spoke with about my problem made me physically sick. Not one Covenant driver I met had any thing good to say about the main office.To make a long story short,Im back home in Buffalo with several companies to choose from and Im very nervous about my next move. I just want to work.Covenant really got me
cautious.I really love trucking but reading this website makes me feel like the trucking companies are really out to dog us drivers. Its too late to go back to construction,I got diesel in my blood. I got Garvin GPS,MS streets and trips,and a Rand Mcnally Atlas and Im lost in my own home town.Please assist.Thanks in advance.
I had a chat with a driver in chicago :today:, He went on the road with Covenant trying to make money to support his family, been with them 14 months and he was very upset with the way they are ran.. I mean very, with good reason.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Depending on how often you like to get home Crete might be a good option. You need to stay out at least two weeks at a time though. Lots of freight thru Charlotte and we have a few shippers and receivers in the Buffalo-Rochester area. With less than a years exp they may make you go out with a trainer for 2-3 weeks but don't quote me on that.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?