User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Star Transportation

Hello Everyone,

Im needing some info on Star Transportation Goods/Bads.

Thanks alot
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Board Regular

The Star Transportation out of Nashville,TN or the Star Transportation out of Morton,IL? There are two different companies. The Star Transportation out of Nashville is owned by Covenant, and looks like it would probably be ran the same way covenant is. Sorry don't know much else on Star.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Board Regular

IF your talking about Star out of Nashville, Approach with exstreme Caution... No matter what company you drive for it what your able to make out of it if it good for you. I gave it my all, but was not there for me.

You would run mostly short hauls. The most loads I hauled in a Day was with them. 3 Loads. That trip had me loading in Atlanta, unloading in Knoxville, reloaded in Knoxville, and going to NC, reloaded in and coming back to Johnsonville Tn. I unloaded in Johnsonville around 3AM. Each Load and unload took around 1 hour each. I did run from Nashville to Erie PA once and back to Memphis, up to North of Chicago once and reloaded in Chicago back to Memphis, Later went from Memphis to Houston. , but other than that one time I ran mostly from Nashville to Charlston, SC.

My average pay was for running all week long was 100.00 advance and 100.00 pay check. Largest being around 150.00 to 200.00.

Advanged with them I was home on the weekends alot. Only stayed out 2 weekends while I was with them.

Treatment towards you as a driver, was good. Truck problems they worked with you. Besides one time they keep you rolling. They did have about 10 Trucks stuck in Charleston, SC with no loads around New Years..

My gripe with them is No Miles. Doing 100 miles and sit to wait to unload, and then do another load at 200 miles, or less. Like most I did give them a fighting chance, but after losing a 5 acre lot I was buying cause of lack pay, I said goodbye to them.

When I did leave, they did call wanting me to come back to work for them. They did have Drivers that been with them for some time, so they must be doing something right. But I found it hard to survive if your not making the miles.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Rookie

Well thanks Coastie for that info. I see Star out there alot here in the Southeast. Just woundering if they are getting the miles. Looking to maybe start out doing Southeast Reg run. If its worth it.

Thankyou much, keep it safe!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Board Regular

Hey Drew, if you're looking for a decent regional position out of florida, you should look in to Commercial Carriers, stay away from their local division though, alot of people get the two confused. I hauled for them in 05 and liked it pretty good, i was home on the weekends, got good miles, and had very little downtime, i was on dedicated budweiser runs that ran between Williamsburg, Va, Jax, Fl, and Cartersville, Ga, i did do a run up the northeast to New Hampshire, but that was on their Kloset Maid dedicated account, and it wasn't bad at all. Just a heads up for you if you're looking for a decent company based in florida, and that will give you good miles and get you home on the weekends.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Rookie

Thanks much, Miller

Is Commerical Carriers a Comcar company, part of CT Trans?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Board Regular

Yes, actually CT is part of Comcar, Comcar is like the governing body for Commercial Carrier, CTL, CT, and Willis Shaw. I've never seen or heard much of anything on here from people who currently drive for them, i left because i chose a lifestyle that was more family oriented, and my local gig was a good fit, but in all honesty CCC was a very different type of company, almost zero layover, or wait time involved in the loads, i was on a dedicated budweiser account, i didn't haul to the same places, when i say dedicated i mean budweiser is all i hauled, but the delivery and pickup locations varied, but the great thing about it was when i was empty, i deadheaded back to any of the brewerys, dropped my empty, and hooked to a loaded trailer and continued moving, i averaged 2700-3000 miles on a 5 day period, i was home on the weekends. Granted when i was there, there was a lot of running involved, if you're looking to work and make miles then they would be a good fit, but if you're looking for a little slower pace, you might want to look elsewhere, just an idea of how i worked, i tried to keep an average of 700 miles a day whenever i was on the road, so needless to say the loads and the miles were there consistantly. PM me if you have any other questions, it's been a while since i was there, but i would definately recommend them to people looking for a good regional opportunity out of Florida.