User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

leave that small co & join us o.t.r. drivers who are out here with the big co's!!! why ?? well because misery loves company. thats why. :lol:
Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Board Regular

I worked for many Large carriers. I got mostly Short hauls and not that great on miles. I worked for a Small company 3 trucks, I ran from Ga to Az and back.

They decided to buy a flatbed. Since I had Flatbed Experence, I got it and on it's maiden voyage, out it had magor problems, and on the return trip, I took sick and ended up in the hospital. The other Driver Broke alot of the Glass and blamed it on me, So when I got out, I no longer had a Job.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
I like the small companys cuz they know your name. Also if there is a problem you can go talk right to the owner and get it fixed. When i say small i mean like 40 or less trucks.
How about 3 trucks lol?
Thats where I'm at.. I work for a company thats owned by a father & 2 sons. The drivers are me and the 2 brothers. We (they) have a contract with a rebar company out of Pittsburgh, and thats all we haul...We deliver to job sites anywhere from Pittsburgh to Washington DC or really, where I can get there and back within a day legally. I'm paid by the hour and overtime anything over 40 hours, usually home by 3:30pm, and no weekends. Another nice thing, my truck is always maintained great, I'm encouraged to TAKE MY TIME, I dont feel like I'm being babysat...Sometimes I only talk to one of them once or twice a week, unless I run into them while waiting to load.
Overall, I dont think there is a better situation out there for me.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Senior Board Member
Default ex