User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Covenant Transportation

Hello everyone, The wife and I are new to the trucking industry and are considering driving for Covenant. Does anyone work for or have firsthand knowledge of the company? Thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Run do not Walk away from them. They claim to be christain based yet force all new drivers to sign away Workmans Comps rights now. They are now inderinvestigation for that in the State of TN and also do a search for topics on them and find out more about them, the fact they make you pay for chains for the truck and a whole bunch of other things does not put them to high on my list. For a good Husband Wife team company look at either CFI Crete or Earl Henderson.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Run do not Walk away from them. They claim to be christain based yet force all new drivers to sign away Workmans Comps rights now. They are now inderinvestigation for that in the State of TN and also do a search for topics on them and find out more about them, the fact they make you pay for chains for the truck and a whole bunch of other things does not put them to high on my list. For a good Husband Wife team company look at either CFI Crete or Earl Henderson.
YES.... RUN, RUN, RUN FAR AND FAST!!!!

You can do a search on them here and on other sites by using the search function....just use their company name as the search word.

I might suggest very strongly that you talk to Christine Lathan at CFI Recruiting....1-800-641-4748 if you are interested and looking at solo or team. I worked for them for 7 years, and they are a good company to work for. You can also go over to http://www.cfidrivers.com and log on and discuss your questions with drivers at CFI....both old and new.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:13 PM

I would not say Covanant Transport was the worst company I ever drove for, but one could not put a hair between them and the worst.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Rookie
Default Cov

I am a current covenant driver. I will agree with you all to a point. They do not make you sign your workmans comp away. They allow you to come to the main terminal or one closest to your house to make 8 an hour and work in the office. You can either take the money you get from workman comp and sit on your lazy ass or you can do all you can to help the other drivers for your company. I do not understand people who bash a company. Also show me the proof of where they are under investigation by Tenn. I gotta see this.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 PM

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...D/message/2140 here is that link to the site that has the story that shows your BELOVED COVENANT under investigation for the WORKMANS COMP so get the HE!! OFF my back. I for one would have never driven for a company that forced drivers to buy equipment for the truck and then has the guts to then charge you for it if you do not return it when you quit. I have talked to more than one ex-Covenant driver who has had this happen to them and they are not happy about it.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Wow, thats all I can say....
Old 04-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Cov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmj_big_daddy
I am a current covenant driver. I will agree with you all to a point. They do not make you sign your workmans comp away. They allow you to come to the main terminal or one closest to your house to make 8 an hour and work in the office. You can either take the money you get from workman comp and sit on your lazy ass or you can do all you can to help the other drivers for your company. I do not understand people who bash a company. Also show me the proof of where they are under investigation by Tenn. I gotta see this.
For $8/hr I'll sit on my fat ass and collect workman's comp. And please do tell us how working in the office helps other drivers? I'm eagerly awaiting the answer to that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Cov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmj_big_daddy
For $8/hr I'll sit on my fat ass and collect workman's comp. And please do tell us how working in the office helps other drivers? I'm eagerly awaiting the answer to that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What is that truck #34525367 you can't find trailer #465374 in East BF Egypt, it should be there. It isn't, well let me transfer you to someone who gives a 5h1t. Oh, I am sorry, he left for the day and the next rat in line is busy on the phone. We will look into it and message you on that keyboard that beeps thingey you have in the truck.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:09 AM
Rookie
Default covn

Yet again it comes back to ex drivers who 9 times out of 10 got fired. as far as paying for equipment I have bought a set of chains while in Utah and sent the receipt in and got all my money back. As far as tires they want you to bring blown ones back to one of the yards since they get a discount when buying new ones. if you dont take them back you get charged 150 dollars. pretty damn simple i think. as far as workmans comp you can look at it anyway you want. if you fell out of your truck and hurt your arm there is no reason you should not work for your money. if you feel you shouldn't you must be that lazy trucker who parks in the fuel island for 3 hours