User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Maverick's hometime??

I've been reading that Maverick gets you home for the weekend 97% of the time, but what I would like to know is does that mean home on Saturday and leave out Sunday or do you get the whole weekend off home Friday leave Monday?? Thanks in advance to anyone that knows.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:01 PM

It could be either or. You could get home anytime Friday or Saturday and have to leave anytime Sunday or Monday. Just depends when you have to deliver. There is no definite home time in trucking. That's just the way it is.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Board Regular

I have never missed getting my required 34 hr. restart at the house (except for the couple of times that I didn't get home). I have been home on friday afternoon and leave out early monday morning at times too. As mentioned, it all depends on the load your hauling when you come through the house.

They did keep me out twice in the month of January and once in Feb. I'm sure that the time of year and slower freight had a lot to do with it, but I had a conversation with my fleet manager about it and I've been home every weekend since then. I also asked for a couple of days off last week to take care of some personal business at home. They had me swap trailers with a guy not far from where I live which sent me home with an empty trailer. I wound up needing some extra time here at the house and took the entire week off. They never said a word, it was like it made them happy that they were able to accomodate me.

Arky
Old 04-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Rookie

I only started with them March 1. However, I have often been home Fridy afternoon and not left til Sunday afternnoon or evening to allow getting to my stop and having a good nights rest. I have easily gotten my 34 all weekends but expect I may miss one at some point. I spoke to a driver who was quitting who claimed he was left out from home 7 weekends since Nov. But others say they are out maybe 3 or 4 times a year. So, you need to just come on over and see if it is a fit for you. I promise you will see your family more than you will as an OTR driver.