User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Central Refrigerated / Utah

I'm interested to hear from anyone that has gone through Central's school in Utah. Good, bad, ugly, etc. Also anyone that is currently driving for them...how is it going?

Jim
Old 04-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Board Regular

All I know about Central is that is owned by Jerry Moyes the same fine individual that brought you Swift. He also owns Central Freightlines out of Texas. I was working for Central Freightlines when he bought it and in less than a year ran it in the ground.......

If at all possible I would find somewhere else to go to school adn work.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kips41
All I know about Central is that is owned by Jerry Moyes the same fine individual that brought you Swift. He also owns Central Freightlines out of Texas. I was working for Central Freightlines when he bought it and in less than a year ran it in the ground.......

Thanks, but was hoping for some firsthand info. I really can't do much with rumors and hearsay.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaJim
Thanks, but was hoping for some firsthand info. I really can't do much with rumors and hearsay.
Might try using the search button on Central, I am sure that there is some posts on them.

Sorry that you did not find my post of any help, but I am biased and to be blunt about it I think that Jerry Moyes is a piece of shit. He is not a friend of the driver nor the industry and my personal experience with a company that he bought was horrible.

They are too many other top notch companies out there to work for that provide training even if you have to travel outside of your home area to get it.

I am sure that there are many others who have the same views about Moyes and his companies.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kips41

and WHAT exactly is wrong with this ? This is the truth. Company IS owned by Jerry Moyes. Mr. Moyes DOES exploit drivers as a rule, so WHAT exactly is rumours and hearsay ? Jeez, the man's just trying to warn you off of a very bad choice.....Take it for what it's worth.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:01 AM
Board Regular

I didn't ask who owns it. Nor, was the thread intended to be another forum to bash companies and people. I simply wanted to know if any members have attended the Utah school and thier impressions. Sorry, I should have known that someone would use it as something else. My bad!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Board Regular

Look bud, as a guy who has been on the road for 14 years, I can't give you specifics on what each and every driver has told me over the years about being screwed over by a company that Jerry Moyes is involved in, but as a rule most folks are UNHAPPY with him and his companies.

But quit trying to over analyze each and every thing and get your ass on the road driving and you can get all the first hand experience you need.

Everyone gets their start somewhere and if you want to go to their school and have them pay for it and drive for them a year go ahead, that is better than sitting on the sidelines being a wanna be.

Just drive safe and not have any accidents or tickets for a year and then you can go to work for someone who is worth working for after you get some experience.

You new guys want to be treated like seasoned driver, you earn that one mile at a time driving crappy trucks, taking crappy loads going to crappy places like the bronx or philly ( sorry to the guys from philly, but I hate that place).

Driving the crappiest truck in any fleet is better than working any where else in the world. You will have an office with a great view of America and get paid to see it. And you can put up with any dispatcher or fleet manager for a year.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
and WHAT exactly is wrong with this ? This is the truth. Company IS owned by Jerry Moyes. Mr. Moyes DOES exploit drivers as a rule, so WHAT exactly is rumours and hearsay ? Jeez, the man's just trying to warn you off of a very bad choice.....Take it for what it's worth.
Yeah Fred just look what happened at M.S. Carriers when Mike Starnes sold out to the Borg mothership: accesories cut to the bone. Senior men starved out. Pay rolled back to the Bronze Age. I wouldn't touch any Moyes company with a 10...no make that a 50-foot pole!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Talk about sinking fast, I saw some MS Carrier trailers being pulled by Werner trucks last week.

Swifty must be seriously short on drivers to be sending freight to Werner!!
Old 04-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Default Re: Central Refrigerated / Utah

I can offer information I have and I know you are looking for 1st hand info on central refer, but since you have not got that yet I will offer up what I have and I hope it helps.

I went to school at CR England just down the road from central in utah and alot of the students i went through 3 weeks of classroom with at england flunked out and went down the road to central, and I spoke to them after they got on with central and 4 of them told me this, central does not have the same training as england does, they give you the very basics and put you in a truck with a mentor/trainor for 6 weeks, if you have the misfortune of getting a mentor that is a jerk and complain and ask for another one, sometimes central will just cut you loose instead, they (my former classmates) had seen this happen to others, now it is true that jerry moyes owns central and I have been with swift myself and jerry moyes owns swift as well, and I had a very bad experience with swift and so did my former classmates with central, and so if its true that moyes runs all his outfits with the same lack of concern for the drivers as he does with swift, then id try somewhere else. good luck