User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well, I admire your tolerance. Only thing I can say is you only have 1 more week of him. Good luck and hang in there. He sounds like a real gem !! :lol:
Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Board Regular

Sounds to me like this guy is u$ing you to make himself more $$ off of your back. :shock: 1 shower in 3 weeks? Your a better man than me bro. :wink: Hang in there.1 more week of Stinky McFunkerson and you'll be done.You definitely should mention to safety about his aggressive habits behind the wheel if your asked how he was as a trainer,as it sounds like he's a major accident just waiting to happen.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Sounds to me like this guy is u$ing you to make himself more $$ off of your back. :shock: 1 shower in 3 weeks? Your a better man than me bro. :wink: Hang in there.1 more week of Stinky McFunkerson and you'll be done.You definitely should mention to safety about his aggressive habits behind the wheel if your asked how he was as a trainer,as it sounds like he's a major accident just waiting to happen.
What he said!
Old 05-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
I'm back home until Monday. Got in early last Friday. I spoke with my dispatcher and she's gonna hook us up with a tractor on Friday. My co-driver and I are going to meet up on Saturday to inspect the truck for any maintenance issues, clean it up, and move our stuff in. I hope we don't get a junker, that's all I can say. If it's bad I will probably just request another one. It can't hurt to ask. Most of their trucks I've seen aren't that old. They use the Freightliner Columbia now and they aren't too bad.

As far as the loser trainer, I talked to dispatch and gave them the low down. I was his fourth student and I'm pretty sure none of the other ones had the balls to say anything. They just did their time and went on from there. I personally don't want to get him in trouble but after what I saw, it's just something I have to do. He needs to be re-trained himself!

Anyway, it seems as though the rumors of bad CRST trainers isn't too far off. I will also say that my co-driver's experience wasn't so bad. His trainer was good and actually showered too! So there's some good ones out there, it's just the luck of the draw. I would consider becoming a trainer but I don't think I could deal with someone new every month, and then having to trust their driving skills enough to sleep behind them. No thanks!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Express
this clown saves them up until there's about 6 or 7 bottles before throwing them out....
Ya got yourself there a quality trainer that's fer sure!

:roll:

When I started out OTR, I had 2-different trainers and they never used a pee bottles. They were experienced, professional truckers who showed me the ropes sans the pee bottles. And we stopped for showers every few days! Having a good trainer(s) certainly makes your start in the industry a positive one.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Rookie

I'm new and looking to get into the Trucking business too. I'm out of Upland Ca and will be keeping an eye on your experience with CRST to help me make my decision. So thanks for the insight.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vince
I'm new and looking to get into the Trucking business too. I'm out of Upland Ca and will be keeping an eye on your experience with CRST to help me make my decision. So thanks for the insight.
That's exactly why I'm doing this. Glad I could help!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Keep posting Nitro, hell if I dont like a particular thread, I just don't open it.The ability to air our differences of opinion is what this country is all about.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Rookie

I'm a little bit discouraged. I was hoping that once I got on the road with my co driver that things would get better. I guess I may not be cut out for team driving. I'm too particular when it comes to organization and procedures. My co driver seems to have been taught a few things that contradict what I was taught. That's fine - we can deal with that. He isn't the best driver I've seen, but then he is new so... it's to be expected. What I have a hard time dealing with is his habits of whistling and singing while he drives. He's a slob and quite clumsy and tends to spill shi@ everywhere. I'm very neat, clean, and organized so you can see the dilemma. Compatibitly with your co driver is essential. Me? I'm probably going to go with Knight Transportation after I get 4 months on the road. They have no training period but four months is required to get a job with them. They have nice, clean trucks too. CRST's terminals are all dirt lots and it's rare to find a clean CRST truck. Ours was no exception. I'm also getting kind of tired of hearing these other drivers bitch at us because we're too slow. We're maxed out at 65. I just tell them, "it's called a governor! Call CRST and bitch if you don't like it!" It seems the CB is just a tool for whiners to bitch and moan. I'm probably gonna shut it off from now on.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Well hang in there Nitro. I agree with you on team driving. You have to be very compatible for that to work. I guess going solo has is advantages. There is not much room to get away from an irritant in that cab. Best of luck!!