User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Central Lease OUCH

first of all to dollar short and nevada jim, thanks for the reality check. wow what a paycheck this week was. heres how it went down, i ran more empty miles than loaded damn, a whopping 475.00 payday, averaged out to LESS yeah i said LESS than my fuel surcharge, so pretty much my fuel surcharge was my paycheck. So now i see some of the big picture. Not complaining just yet, still new at this L/O thing, but i for sure need to make a few adjustments, like keeping the empty miles LOW and these short hauls DONT DO EM'. i did an 18 miles run from one of our yards, it took me all day running from King Sooper to King Sooper to another King sooper, that run payed me $7.00, haha. anyways ima keep running and see how i can better deal with my dispatcher who pretty much let me hang myself this week. Ill keep in touch.

capone
Old 03-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Central Lease OUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by barriomusic
i did an 18 miles run from one of our yards, it took me all day running from King Sooper to King Sooper to another King sooper, that run payed me $7.00, haha.
You've gotta be kidding me. Why on earth would you accept an 18-mile shag run as an (supposed) O/O? And King Soopers?!?!?!? Anyone who's been around the biz for more than 2 months knows what sink-holes those places are.

Bud, get out while you're behind cause there ain't no pot o' gold at the end of that rainbow.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
first of all to dollar short and nevada jim, thanks for the reality check. wow what a paycheck this week was. heres how it went down, i ran more empty miles than loaded damn, a whopping 475.00 payday, averaged out to LESS yeah i said LESS than my fuel surcharge, so pretty much my fuel surcharge was my paycheck. So now i see some of the big picture. Not complaining just yet, still new at this L/O thing, but i for sure need to make a few adjustments, like keeping the empty miles LOW and these short hauls DONT DO EM'. i did an 18 miles run from one of our yards, it took me all day running from King Sooper to King Sooper to another King sooper, that run payed me $7.00, haha. anyways ima keep running and see how i can better deal with my dispatcher who pretty much let me hang myself this week. Ill keep in touch.

capone
Don't walk, RUN.

I've seen too many drivers come on this board with a lease program that benifitted the company, and F@CK THE DRIVER over badly. They don't call them fleece programs for nothing.

If you want to try again, don't give them any real time. Two weeks to show you a decent paycheck. If you don't see one, dump their truck in a lake somewhere, and walk away.

Good luck to you. Your going to need it.

Just my .02 cents.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 03-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Rookie

ya the shag was done while i was waiting for another driver to arrive at the yard to re-power him, but it should have payed a minimum move payment as well plus 3 xtra stop off pays since the damn load was mis typed in the crap com, or quallcom thingamajig. yet check is here and none of that dough is payed. like i said the past 3 or 4 weeks have been cool, but this one scares the shyatt outta me. im gonna holler at my dispatcher in the morn and let him know this cant happen anymore.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Rookie

You've gotta be kidding me. Why on earth would you accept an 18-mile shag run as an (supposed) O/O? And King Soopers?!?!?!? Anyone who's been around the biz for more than 2 months knows what sink-holes those places are.

Bud, get out while you're behind cause there ain't no pot o' gold at the end of that rainbow.[/quote]

ya i hear ya, but in no way do i consider myself an O/O, but wanted to see the other side of the game. it annoyes me as well when i hear other central drivers calling themselves PROUDLY MAY I ADD OWNER OPS. it aint my truck, i know this, but the way i see it, the xtra 1000.00 or so a week is worth the hassle until i know xactly what im doing business and numbers wise before i dive in and buy my own truck. and once again its only a 12 month lease, some guys are in on 3 or 4 year deals. but thanks for the reply. Im not here on the board to cause no trouble, i just like the input from you VETS and the BEEN THERE DONE THATS, and hell 5 or 10 years from now i'll be able to tell people like me, the things you,re telling me today. but i post here so other new drivers can see what can and will happen. best of luck to u guys and dont laugh too hard at me, im a decent guy, trying to learn the system
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Board Regular

hey man, keep those stories coming. there are a lot of ppl interested in how you do. Just ignore the BS postings on here. By the by, who exactly is central leasing?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
hey man, keep those stories coming. there are a lot of ppl interested in how you do. Just ignore the BS postings on here. By the by, who exactly is central leasing?
p ciate it, ill keep u guys posted as it progresses, and its CENTRAL RFRIGERATED out of salt lake city UT. hell i shoulda known something was fishy when i saw an O/O at the terminal trying to sell his inverter. either he dont manage money well or IM IN FOR A SURPRISE.

Capone
Old 03-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Board Regular

so, you've been with them for how long now? company driver then L/O?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

capone
All I can say is ouch, that is going to leave a mark. But keep your head up. I mean, how much worse could it get?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo
Quote:

capone
All I can say is ouch, that is going to leave a mark. But keep your head up. I mean, how much worse could it get?
Actually....it can get a lot worse... Just ask "Spencarian"...... and ask a bunch of other people who fell prey to the "shylocks" and thieves.

Me, I wouldn't sign a lease for anything.....and it wouldn't matter what company it was...... If I was to be an owner operator..... I would have to own the truck and have my own authority....then I live or die at my own hand, and not at the vicarious whim and will of anyone else......

Capone.....run, and run fast.......get out while you can....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.