User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default US Xpress

I see a lot of drivers saying great things about US Xpress. Heres my comments. I'm currently a lease op. I have been abused and lied to for the last 3 months. I have 2 months left in my lease contract so I can't leave yet. I am on xpress direct. They have given me great (2200 mi) lds then take it away and give me 300-400 mi trips with the same amount of time. They say that someone in the office made a mistake and these lds were not supposed to go to me. Or they send me to the wrong adress for pick up or delivery. OOPS! They make a mistake and I pay for it! Don't even think about complaining to them! They will make your life miserable.I was abused less as a company driver. Dispatch says they really care about my success but they don't show it. In May I'll be saying "SEE YA!!!" :evil:
Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Board Regular

I especially like their new ad. Don't know if you've seen it.
The happy driver with the cab full of money.Such an insult.
Anyway, welcome to the board.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: US Xpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso
I see a lot of drivers saying great things about US Xpress. Heres my comments. I'm currently a lease op. I have been abused and lied to for the last 3 months. I have 2 months left in my lease contract so I can't leave yet. I am on xpress direct. They have given me great (2200 mi) lds then take it away and give me 300-400 mi trips with the same amount of time. They say that someone in the office made a mistake and these lds were not supposed to go to me. Or they send me to the wrong adress for pick up or delivery. OOPS! They make a mistake and I pay for it! Don't even think about complaining to them! They will make your life miserable.I was abused less as a company driver. Dispatch says they really care about my success but they don't show it. In May I'll be saying "SEE YA!!!" :evil:
just like ANY company some people like them and some don't, it's just part of trucking. :twisted:

the best thing you can do is GET OFF X D, x d is broker loads and thay are always ALWAYS f-up. it's better run now that Max's son isn't running it but it's still f-up :shock:

when i ran solo i was getting 2700-3100 per week and that was with a dispatcher that i didn't get along with..!

one thing i have learned is when you are complaining do you do it like a rational person or like a truck driver..? :? if you are calling them and telling them how thay are f-ing up your loads and how thay are all full of :dung: well just think how you would feel if you had some a-hole calling you and talking to you the way you talk to them.

i had one x d load (f-up) my fm said nothing he could do about extra pay for sitting all weekend because del time was wrong. one phone call and one email, 5hrs later a had 73hrs of waiting time on my fuel card..! it's all in who you call and HOW you talk to them.

has life always been great all the time with u s? no but when something goes wrong we call and TALK to them and it gets fixed.

your post is about the last "last 3 months" we all know how bad it gets this time of year but you were happy for the 7 months before that right..?

BTW u s is the only company that i know of that said if you want to be home for x-mass YOU WILL BE, this last x-mass with all the snow storms thay FLEW drivers home, and thay paid for it :shock:

if in MAY you still want to leave then you should go and see if the grass is greener someplace else. not every company is a good fit for every one and you should find a company that is a good fit for you.

for us u s is a good fit. good miles, nice new truck (volvo 780), good pay, and great hometime..

just my nickel's worth
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Rookie

I was happy when I first started leasing but I've had problems off and on all along. I tried talking to disp. but I keep getting told to "just do it and shut up". Not exactly in those words but you know what I'm talking about. I'm lucky if I get 2300 mi per week. I've been told to just take it and be happy we gave you anything. O/O's and lease ops don't have anyone to talk to about problems. U.S. has driver liasons for co. drivers but not for us. I'm just trying to mke a living but the harder I try, the worse it gets.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Senior Board Member

if it's not working out for youthen you should leave and i do understand but first try to get OFF X D if you can
Old 03-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Rookie

Flood, I am stuck with xd. Lease ops are all stuck on xd. Lease is over soon, so i'm checking with other companies now. Several have pre-approved me over the phone. I hope to find some one who will not abuse me at least as much as I am now.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:25 AM
Senior Board Member

U S didn't work out for you, sorry it didn't, have you checked out CFI i hear good things about them.

best of luck to you
Old 03-18-2007, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member

YES, CFI is a very good outfit.So is Schneider.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
.... have you checked out CFI i hear good things about them.

best of luck to you
CFI is an excellent company. If you do a search here on this site you will find alot of information about them.

They also "guarantee" you home for Christmas. They never dropped the ball on me when I was there for 7 years. If my homefront situation hadn't changed requiring me to be home much more often and closer by, I would still be at CFI.

You should also check out http://www.cfidrivers.com and register, and interact with the drivers at CFI if you have particular questions.

As Skullitor says.... SNI isn't bad either. Seems most of their drivers are pretty happy as well.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
.... have you checked out CFI i hear good things about them.

best of luck to you
CFI is an excellent company. If you do a search here on this site you will find alot of information about them.

They also "guarantee" you home for Christmas. They never dropped the ball on me when I was there for 7 years. If my homefront situation hadn't changed requiring me to be home much more often and closer by, I would still be at CFI.

You should also check out http://www.cfidrivers.com and register, and interact with the drivers at CFI if you have particular questions.

As Skullitor says.... SNI isn't bad either. Seems most of their drivers are pretty happy as well.
Home for Christmas ? That's there selling point ? Impressive . I've heard great things about CFI but I don't see how it's an elite company when you do a ton of northeast , get 1 day off for every 7 out and get paid average at best .