User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The jobs are out there, you just have to dig for them. Also check out some to the local truckdriving schools and the carriers they have sent their students to. Here is one example:

http://www.prodrivemaine.com/companies.html

NTI has a Mass presence (also in Portland and Bangor Maine) and Prodrive is out of Portland. I did not find similar online list of carriers for NTI, just a lot of testimony.

http://www.northeasttech.com/career/...stimonials.asp This is the trucking school that I attended.

I found 2 part-time jobs, and I live in Central Maine. Did my first 3 months in a hell hole (Decoster Eggs), but I hooked up with Central Maine Transport, and I have a dedicated account hauling Fiber Cores (think 10' long and 3' wide tubes that paper is wrapped around) throughout the state of Maine to all of the Paper Mills. If I had known they hired out of school, I would have jumped on them first. If I was to go full time, I would give them a shot, as they do nation wide HHG, LTL, Regional and local Van work. I never hear any dirt about them and bad news in this industry travels fast. Then again, I am a part timer.

Anyway, I must have sent out 15-20 inquiries to other carriers directly coming out of school concerning part time work (REALLY hard to find), but I was rejected by all. You just have to keep plugging away and hit them all (contact them) to be sure.

Good Luck!