User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default p i & i motor express

Whats up everybody does anybody no anything about p i & i motor express?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

They haul alot of steel out of Pittsburgh. They bought a company called Team Transport and got thier steel hauling customers(USX) in Pittsburgh.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member

I would recommend staying away from them. I was hired by them and just a couple of days from reporting when Crete called. Their terminals are dumps, their equipment is poor, you don't get paid for deadhead miles and their union to boot.
The only thing good about them is they pay for your medical insurance.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 04-16-2007, 04:41 AM

Steel hauling is the worst trucking job I've ever had. Miserable paychecks, sitting around steel mills waiting on loads like cattle in a feed lot, dealing with all the danger and responsibility associated with securing loads. All for a lousy paycheck. I dont think so. Add to that the automotive industry is building fewer vehicles and using less steel. PI&I is a big player in that lousy industry. My wife's uncle is losing his ass working for those guys.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Rookie

wow...thanks to who ever pulled this up. I was hesitant about P.I. & I because when u visit there website and look at their terminal pictures and stuff, it REALLY does look like a dump. One pic even showed some shotty looking house as the terminal. Guess thats out. Do they hold true to there home time at least?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdriver
wow...thanks to who ever pulled this up. I was hesitant about P.I. & I because when u visit there website and look at their terminal pictures and stuff, it REALLY does look like a dump. One pic even showed some shotty looking house as the terminal. Guess thats out. Do they hold true to there home time at least?
jrdriver

You are in the perfect area for steel. If you want to be off weekends and thru the house during the week, steel is your answer. I did it for a year. Its not that bad. You should be able to make 700-1100 gross a week, all depends on how much you hustle. The more you hustle, the less you get thru the house, but you will always get the weekend off. Yes the mills get backed up and the lines might be long sometimes, I rarely waited more than a couple hours, that's trucking. Who cares what the terminal and the truck looks like if you're getting what you want, which is hometime. I dont see how this is any worse than a shiny wheel Werner truck where you're gone for 3 months at a time all for 600 a week. No thanks! Do this for a year and get you an LTL job with an even crappier truck that you never sleep in, with great pay and bennies. This is how my carrer has gone, you're mileage may vary. Some guys enjoy OTR, not me. You decide. Keep in mind you're probably not going to retire with your first company, you're just getting some experience.