Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis friend
W&S sounds good.

What kind of tractors they got?
John Deere.... :roll: Chad, you might want to try Utopia trucking out of Nirvana,Calif. They run Pete 379's and Kenworth W900L's with 175 inch sleepers that come equipped with a full wait staff,including chef,maid,a massage therapist,and butler, along with 60"plasma TV, 300 gallon aquarium, barca lounger,and whirlpool tub They pay $14/mile loaded or empty,and require that you run 60 miles a day, always between the hours of noon and 2 PM ,but pay you for 700 miles/day.You ride in the jump seat,as tractors also come equipped with a chauffer. All drop and hook,but you don't do the labor, as the company provides a laborer at the terminal.All meals are provided, and you get a 5 star hotel room each night,while your staff sleeps in the sleeper.Work schedule is 1 day out for every 25 days off,all paid of course........
Actually this is a pretty legitimate question. Age of the fleet and maintenance is a question you need to consider as a part of the whole package. Some companies have nice equipment but do not pay as well .. others pay great but have old trucks. I found W&S a good combination of well maintained equipment with a good pay package.

By the way .. The truck part is called a "Tractor" and it pulls a "Semi-trailer. See the FMCSA ...
Old 03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Board Regular

Thank you for the enlightening comment Crackaces :lol: Now , I wouldn't have been so condescending to Louis,Chad,Ron,Colonel if I hadn't wasted my time the day before giving him not 1 but 2 decent companies here in PA to check out.But of course, he found problems with both of them,along with every last company that has been suggested to him so far in his farce of a thread. :wink:
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Thank you for the enlightening comment Crackaces :lol: Now , I wouldn't have been so condescending to Louis,Chad,Ron,Colonel if I hadn't wasted my time the day before giving him not 1 but 2 decent companies here in PA to check out.But of course, he found problems with both of them,along with every last company that has been suggested to him so far in his farce of a thread. :wink:
Ahhh I did not understand. I assume that Yoopr is on to this .... Anyway I was not aware of this persons behavior ...

But for the rest of the group seeking something more meaningful .. age of the fleet is one of many considerations along with pay, settlement procedure, benifits, home time, miles, dispatch polices, type of loads, crteria for acceptance, safety polices, etc ... The jobs that are perfect are being done by the more expereiced folks .. so the rest of us have to find the best compromise of our values.

I found W&S to best fit my values.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 PM

"Life becomes much less interesting when those that know what's best for me tries to impose their value system without a clue themselves."

Ohhhh...... Bravo, CA. I knew we were friends for one reason or another!!!!

And, BTW..... It's S-A-M-A-E-L, without the numeral 9 for W/S stuff and with the 9 for butt-breath Arrow and my current new-found joy, Swift flatbed. No harm done on (sp). I won't put a hex on you :lol:

"Poverty of Imagination is not a Strength"