Just some info on this company.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default National Carriers

Try here: safersys.org. Reefer. Lots of waiting time at the packing houses and grocery warehouses. I think most are owner operators (O/O). You may want to check the O/O Forum. BOL.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Board Icon

Just as Sealord said, they are a reefer company out of Liberal,KS. They also have a livestock division that runs Kansas, western Oklahoma, and north west Texas. They haul back, and forth to the packing houses/feed lots.
On the reefer side, they do have an OTR division, which they have 48 state authority, but they mainly run mid-west/southwest. They have their own packing houses right there in Liberal. They also own feed lots all across Kansas. If you ever see any beef boxes that is stamped "National Beef", that is National Carriers. They haul to the grocery warehouses. SYSCO, US Foods, Ben E Keith, etc. If you live in the southern mid-west, you should be home on a weekly basis. I think, they start out around 32-34 cents, and it goes up according to experience. They have pretty good benefits, like other carriers. They used to be all owner operator, but they began hiring company drivers a couple of years ago. The cause of this, I dont know. Kinda made me wonder, though. For company drivers, they run Volvo trucks, and they are governed at 72 mph.

Just a side note, I see their trucks 2 or 3 times a week out in west Texas, heading in or out of Lubbock. The guys that I've talked to seem to be happy there.

http://watsonsysco.com/