User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default MY REVISED WISH LIST. UPDATED 2/28:

OK, we know that we (probably) can't find a company to satisfy ALL my wishes, but if you could please, let's try to find a company that can satisfy MOST/AS MANY AS POSSIBLE of my wishes.

The order of my wishes signifies their importance starting with the most important at #1 and gradually dismishing in importance compaired to #1. In other words, #1 is the most important but #10 is still important---it's just not as important as #1

Do any companies come to mind that:

1) Generally, no freightliners. I'm actually willing to take a chance and go with freightliners but i would still prefer anything but freightliner.
a) i do not nessesarily have to have a pete or KW; I would settle and be happy with an international.

b) The truck should have either an APU unit or some other means to keep warm without idling. I.e., webasto furnace. Or opti-idle. So, my preference in order would be APU. If not possible then, furnace. If that is not possible, then opti-idle.

c) Would prefer a flat-top sleeper as opposed to a condo.

d) Prefer wheelbase under 220 if at all possible.

e) Tractor should be governed (if at all) to at least 80.

f) Would prefer the stacks to be behind the sleeper as opposed to in front. Better yet, underframe exhaust.

g)should have on-board air gauge scales so as not to ever have to use third party (i.e., truckstop) scales.

h) Tractor should be less than 27 months old. I have nothing against older trucks, its just that we need to be concerned with breakdowns and what is the companies breakdown proceedure/pay/expediency? I'll cover this later in the list. Best to be safe and drive a newer truck.

i) I don't want any fairings on the back of the sleeper because i may want to put something on the catwalk later----i.e., a bike, generator, outhouse, shower etc. So, actually i need a little space between the back of the sleeper and front of trailer. I know i said i didn't want the wheelbase to be longer than 220 inches, but keep in mind this other requirement.

j) i want newer (2000 and newer) as opposed to older trailers.

2) LOTS of miles. More miles than i can fit on my plate. More miles than i can physically, mentally, and/or legally (logbook) handle.

I want at least 3000 miles per week. But really, i want more than that---say 3500-to 4000 a week.

a) pre-planning. It would be good to know where i will be going before i even deliver the load i presently have. And it would nice to have a choice of at least 3 loads everytime.

3) ties in with #2 CUSTOMER AND DELIVERIES
a) Would prefer to only deliver between the hours of 8am and 2am. Which is pretty generous on my part if you think about it. We are talking an 18 hour window here.

b)At the delivery point i would prefer all drop and hook if possible. If not possible then quick live loading/unloading.

I don't think i would be opposed to things like family dollar/dollar general etc. even in summertime IF it was consistent and i could get most of my other wishes. Remember the name of the game is to keep rolling and moving. So, in other words, i'm not nessesarily against unloading if everything else is ok.

c) i would prefer it if the company had big, established customers such as G.E., GM, IBM, Rockwell etc. with large warehouses as opposed to dinky customers that are closed at night with little to no parking areas.

4)Clearly defined pay schedule for layover.
I would say that $75 per 24 hours period after the 10 hour break AFTER ARRIVING at the delivery point NOT after getting unloaded is fair. This will screw you on the weekends but:

Look, the company wants to keep you moving; It's not good financially for the company to keep you sitting.

5) Clearly defined pay schedules for breakdown(s).
I would say hourly pay after 15 minutes is fair. What do you think?

i'll add more as i think of it.

NOTES:

1)Notice i didn't mention ANYTHING about pay (except for breakdown and layover). Don't care bout pay. Just give me the miles and i WILL drive my a$$ off.

i look at it this way; Alot of times a company that pays high CPM will, for whatever reason, not be able to give you good miles. A company that doesn't have as high a CPM rate usually has miles up the a$$.
Which would you rather have? Why not keep it simple?
a) If you get a long east coast to calif run, then you have a consistent work week ahead of you. If you were getting high CPM but short loads, then you would always have to worry where your next load is going to come from. So, that's why my philosophy is to just be concerned about the miles, not nessesarily about the pay.

2)I didn't mention jack about benefits. Benefits are nice but i don't need em.

3) Don't care about no home time. I would think that i could at least be routed to stop by my house maybe once or twice a month at least for a few hours to pay bills and to check up on things.

4) You want to send me to Alaska, Canada or NYC? No problem, bring it on.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Why expect someone to furnish you with this stuff? Why not go out and buy what you want and see if what you "want" is feasible to anyone. You want what a lot of people do, for the most part there is a "give" that goes with the "take". To make the world perfect, you may have to strike out on your own and prove that it CAN exist.

BOL!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Your not really serious about any of this are you??? Pass that joint, sounds like you have the good S#$T. From reading your posts, In my opinion, nothing a company will ever give you, will ever be good enough for you!
I think you post like this to stir the pot a little...lol :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Board Regular

You be thinking wrong, axl. I didn't say i had to have EVERYTHING on the list. But i know i can get at least some of it.

I know this stuff is out there. And, dammit, i'm going to get my share.

Out there is a fortune waiting to be had. You think i'll let it go, you're mad.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis friend
Out there is a fortune waiting to be had. You think i'll let it go, you're mad.
OK Chad, Lewis, Ron, Colonel, we now know you can quote Rob Halford and Judas Priest! 8) On a serious note, why not buy a truck, and you can have EVERYTHING on that wish list of yours if you so desire! :shock:
Old 03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Board Regular

And I thought I was picky.

Good luck to you......you'll need it. :shock:
Old 03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Dude! I just saw an ad for something like that yesterday! Call 1 800 207-6097 and leave your name and number! Oh yeah, the ad stated they send all their tractors to Trick My Truck with your personal specifications! :wink:
Old 03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7
Dude! I just saw an ad for something like that yesterday! Call 1 800 207-6097 and leave your name and number! Oh yeah, the ad stated they send all their tractors to Trick My Truck with your personal specifications! :wink:
HAHAHA JB Hunt...nice

Maybe this should be moved to the comedy section?

On a serious note Lewis, if you find half of these let me know, I will sell my truck and go work there too. Good luck
Old 03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
HAHAHA JB Hunt...nice
Hey I can get him just as many of those things over here at JB as any other company.....probably 2 or 3
Then again, I could always put him on the family dollar account.

Seriously...you should just buy your own truck and run your own authority. Create your own company and then give yourself everything you want. If it works by giving yourself all those things......20 years from now you might own the greatest trucking company in the world with 18,000 trucks. If it doesnt work, then you will know why other companies dont offer all those things.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Board Regular

I didn't even take the time to read what ol' LEWIS has to say today, for all i know i think this is the 3rd time writing your stupid wish list, and i don't think i'll go off on a rant today, cause that seems to be what you're looking for on these forums, but LEWIS, i thank god i'm not your FRIEND, you seem to be annoying as hell.