User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Picking a trucking company to go to work for is like picking up a chick in a bar.....you don't really know if you like'm until you have been in bed with them. But some you know that you are going to sneek out before sunrise and get dressed in your car.

I would look around a little more.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member

you know alot of drivers like to rip U S but have thy driven for them (i think not) thy see a NEW driver do something wrong and think all the drivers are that way, well thy were NEW at one time also and thy did the same things but if you ask them thy all say thy have NEVER done anything wrong.

if you realy want to know who to go with stop by the truckstop and talk to drivers about the company (THY work for) and talk to more than one.

we have been with U S for over three years and are very happy with them. good hometime, good milage. the only thing we don't like is changing trucks as much as we do 6 new one's in three years (if we are broke down for more than two day's we get a NEW truck) we've never put over 160,000 miles on a truck yet.

do all the research you can, talk to all the drivers you can, and then go with your gut and if you don't like were you end up sit it out for bit.
it does look bad if you job-hop around tomuch
Old 02-08-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
That's like asking.....What would you rather have...Gohnorrea or Herpes :lol:
I'd rather have Gonorrhea. Easily cured with an antibiotic. Herpes is a virus that lasts forever. The gift that keeps on giving.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiller
This guy with 2.5 months with JB is still in the usual "honeymoon" period. He has no idea what awaits him in the not too distant future. Find some other company.
hey BMiller, you have no clue what awaits me in my future. JB Hunt isn't my first driving job, with experience, a clean record and a good resume I can go drive were I want. AND if you really want to know I have refused to drive 1 truck (a day later I got a clean truck) and Monday I told them to kiss my ass wand went home because I am not going to put up with S**T. They know I am a good driver and my problem was resolved and I came back to work.

If you just hold the wheel for them you will follow their direction and you will have no control, if you are a professional driver you go in the direction you want.

There is nothing wrong with JB Hunt and thats why I am driving for them, if they treated me like S**T I wouldn't be here.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Rookie

I have worked for jb for alittle over a year on a dedicated account
i have been drive for 20 yrs this is my first job where im not home everynight i cant tell u about US express but as for jb they are a good company with a bad rap they are replacing alot of their older trucks i would tell u go with what company u feel is going to be best for u
Old 02-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Rookie
Default I drove for both companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me start out by saying I have driven for both companies. US Xpress and JB Hunt. I started out with US and drove for them for about 3 years they are a very good company to drive for.
Pros: excellent equipment nice freightliners and Volvo's also a lot of air ride trailers. On weekend runs most of the time you get one long run east to west. They have terminals all over the place. They really don't haul alot of heavy freight. Mostly mail runs ,Fed Ex, Various other light freight.
Cons: You have to run your ass off to make decent money; the pay isn't all that great. The logistics is crappy. For example...when you get empty, you can wait anywhere from 3 hrs to 3 days waiting on another load. They have slip seating. If you have time off, you have to empty your truck and pile it in your vehicle to go home for an extended time.
After I was thru with US , I went with JB Hunt and drove for them about a year. pros: provide uniforms, logistics are better...never waited on a load.
Cons: really I had no complaints. Alot of people down JB drivers, but until you drive for them, then you can talk. I'm out of trucking now,but JB is one of the best I drove with. Comes down to pay, benefits and home time. That's all that really matters.