User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
I think i would change the fact that all drivers do is argue, myself included. we are the one and only reason that drivers have bad reps. when a dirty, overweight, not showed guy or girls gets out of truck and starts complaining, people tend to get the idea. we should all take pride in ourselves and our proffesion. that is what i think but to be honest i will still be a smart a**, here and on the CB. but we all gotta have some fun, right?
Ok I'll be a smart ass...proffesion is profession...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztrucker
Wouldn't get out of bed for 25-30k..You need to find a new profession in the UK or move over here..
U got to double that its about 50 to 60.000$$$$$$ ayr over there but any average house is about 340,000$$$$$$$
$340,000 in the UK? cuz over here, you can get a decent house for about $150,00 US in the midwest. out west and back east is a different story :shock:
Old 02-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

damn, i can not spell for sh**. why so angry because i am a smarta**? alot of other people in here are as well, just not as upfront with it as i am. and no, duh, was because you are a big dummy. the write off is better than the non taxed income in my opinion.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Senior Board Member

NO MORE 14hr CLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That 14hr's comes back and bites you hard sometimes...
Old 02-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
damn, i can not spell for sh**. why so angry because i am a smarta**? alot of other people in here are as well, just not as upfront with it as i am. and no, duh, was because you are a big dummy. the write off is better than the non taxed income in my opinion.
If you have a $50 "write off" or "deduction" and you are in a 20% tax bracket you will get an extra $10 in your refund from the IRS. So you're saying that you would rather get an extra $10 refund instead of even say $25 a day in extra pay from your employer? I don't think you understand taxes, write-offs, or even what "per diem" really means. This isn't a problem for me except for the fact that you continue to insult others and myself when you clearly don't have a clue, can't spell and don't comprehend well. And don't use your "I'm just a smartass so accept me for what I am" bull. It's getting old. The right thing to do would have been to apologize to myself and the others right away, but you choose to continue. In your opinion everyone's a bonehead, dummies, or a newbie. This is like arguing with a sofa. I'm done with you. As Bob Knight once said "I've caught fish that were smarter than you". :roll:

Oh and hey, all this is just me being a smartass, don't take it personally eh.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Default re

jedfxg wrote:

Quote:
well i guess you could call yourself a smart ass, but i would much rather call you acting like a dumbass. your posts are not well thought, and your spelling is atrocious. it's actually truckers like you that make most of us sick. instead of hearing good conversation on the cb or getting or giving help to other drivers, we hear alot of ppl like you just tying up the cb channel with your bs..... u should prolly grow up a bit.... my two cents.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Board Regular

I stand by my original post. I have been to the EU with the Teamsters and met with members of the TWU (Transport Workers Union). Also even in the EU (European Union) most drivers are paid by the hour and do not unload. It is true there are speed limiters and hours restrictions, but those are the least of the problems. My point was that most drivers in the EU (and particularly France) do stick together, unlike the States. You also have health care, good, bad or indifferent, we do not. Your government wants you to work less, the US wants us to work MORE and doesn't really give a damn who dies in the process. Truck drivers in the US die prematurely from stress, suffer a higher divorce rate and do not in general have the quality of life they deserve. This must and should change. REPEAL the exemption to the Fair Labor and Standards Act ! That was the point. It is NOT 1934 and it is not needed anymore.