User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglancerin
Not saying arrow is bad but i read a post about 7 months ago about them and the guy who wrote it said arrow flew them out to california or something like that and he said he and 2 other guys were stranded and they had no way to get ahold of arrow and they left them there or something like that , cant remember but you might want to search for old posts on here if it lets you .. just a thought when i saw your post .
not trying to talk you out of arrow or nothin ..
just a thought, about that post. being that arrow is a good sized company, don't they have a toll free number. so...they could've picked up any payphone and called. :wink: :roll: i'm curious as to how they can claim that they had no way to get ahold of arrow. :?
Old 02-04-2007, 03:31 PM

Hey Mtnelson!

My sincerest best wishes to you and your journey with Arrow. On your inverter question: From what I saw, most of their tractors are hard-wired for an inverter, which is cool. Arrow allows up to a 1000w unit, which is about all you would need.

Word around the campfire was that if you were a company driver, that you could not remove any of the stock cabinetry in the interest of installing a 'fridge. In the Columbia, there really isn't any room for one without removing one of the upright storage bins. Should you be so fortunate as to get a T-600, a Coleman 12v cooler fits upright **perfectly** in the driver's side storage bin. This would also work in the Columbia, but just sitting on the floor, for which there is plenty of room.

Bring a pair of cheap cover-alls to throw on over your clean clothing. You can pick them up used at places like Pep Boys or some other auto parts places. Good Will is another place too. Bring a couple pairs of shoes/boots as they will get wet and dirty at this time of year. One pair can dry out while you keep your tootsies warm in the other. Bring 2 or 3 pairs of gloves as well (same reason).

Also, get a cheap folding file envelope to hold all your paperwork, manual revisions/updates. Your orientation will leave you with a ton of revised paperwork and it would be wise to sort through it all and keep it organized. You can also store all your finished logs and trip sheets in it as well.

I also found that using a bound journal (Office Max/Depot) was extremely handy. I wrote out all my QuaalCom data regarding load assignments, route solution, fuel stops, pick-up and drop info in it. If you write out your route solution large enough, you can easily reference it while driving, without having to look at a map.... don't wanna hit anything.

If you happen to get Cliff (a.k.a. Redneck) as a trainer, you will be getting the best you could ever hope for. He is very, very good!

My guess is, that because you will be running with a trainer who has some tenure with Arrow, that you will not be subjected to excessive down-time. Believe me when I say I am crossing my fingers and toes for you. I would never wish anyone to have to endure what I went through with those guys ops:

Keep us posted, man! The classes are outstanding and so are the training manuals. Hit up Debbie (down the hall from the orientation room on the left) for your "black book" as soon as you possibly can. It is filled with a world of good information which literally anyone could benefit from.

BOL :lol:

"Poverty of Imagination is not a Strength"

Old 02-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Senior Board Member

OK, first of all....forget 60,000 a year!! Aint happening at Arrow!! I dont even think a husband/wife team pulls that!!

Arrow is NOT a team company. They do have a few H/W teams but still are not a team company. You will get a FEW more miles per week with teams but not much and not always. Summer will be good...but better save for winter!!

You can see alot of Houston....if you want to SIT!! My opinion stay OUT of the South East and Texas!! Your 60,000 will turn into 20,000 real fast!! EXCEPT I have heard (dont know how true it is) that the texas regionals make 1,000 to 1500 per week. Again that is only hear say.

DH has driven for Arrow for 3 years and they are a good company, but they still have their downside. He is a lease driver....(till tomorrow)

Freight has been really bad this winter unless you run I40 and North! We just came off a 5200 mile week and would have had a 2800 mile week this week if not for leaving (we bought our own truck)

If ya have any questions feel free to PM me if ya like.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org