User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No problem there, my record is squeaky clean. But I do agree with you, for those that try to cross with those sorts of things on their records, the days of getting away with that are long gone and your trip can be a one-way trip depending on where/when they stop you. I have a friend who is a PhD and was a professor at a Christian College in Arkansas (he is a Canadian). He went back to Canada for a summer vacation three years ago and to this day he's still now allowed back into the US (even though he had already been issued a visa by US Immigration to work here). So, he lost his professor job and has had to re-adjust to life again in Canada.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Rookie

I just spoke with a Werner recruiter and one route is a Detroit to Canada route. I am willing to do anything if the pay is right. I am completing my first week of driving school and looking for a company to sign on with.

She also said on that route I would be home at least weekly.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Lots of people gripe about Canada, but they probably have their reasons.

For instance LACK of border crossing pay is one of them. Also, drivers usually don't have their paperwork in order when they get there, and wonder why Customs gives them a hard time :wink:

One thing i can say about Canada is make sure you don't have a domestic or drug charge on the record or they'll stop you at the border :shock:
And arrest you.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Rookie

FYI, after emailing this very question to Schneider today (to which they responded the same day) here was their reply which seemed fair and honest enough (no false promises):

We cannot guarantee that you would get a majority of loads going into Canada as our freight is assigned by greatest needs first. You will get to that area from time to time, however.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Senior Board Member

I've made several trips to Canada, and never had any trouble. There was some delay crossing the border, but it was relatively painless. I always used my passport; don't think that carrying your birth certificate is a very good idea.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 AM
Board Regular

first time i crossed into canada i didnt care if they let me in.i told them my life story.they didnt like it but they let me in after an hour or so. that lady that worked a kingsgate bc could not stand me.she always sent me to immigration and called them after i arrived. i got hooked after 6 trips.really liked bc and alberta.never had time to do anything tho. i made it as far as whitecourt ab.i gotta go to bc on holiday someday.