User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeetle
If I came across as "a specimen by the name of Bill, was one of the most abrupt & obnoxious characters I've ever had the unpleasant experience to talk to " then the message was misunderstood.

It is our companies policy that requires that a driver have a permenant residence in the United States. The driver also must have a Class A CDL from the United States to come to work at CCC. To obtain a Class A CDL and meet our hiring requirements the driver must have attended a PTDI certified school or have at least 6 months of experience driving in the United States. Reason behind this policy is two fold. Number one, we have different rules and regulations required by the United States Department of Transportation that are different then in other countries. A solid understanding of these policies is required. Second, we are unable to verify driving experience in foreign countries.

I believe in delivering the truth. If it comes across as being too honest, then I am sorry. But why sugar coat something?

Good luck.
Thank you most kindly for having spelt it out on this board....this is exactly what I'd expected to hear from you when I spoke to you, & not to be treated like some lowlife who has the temerity to call you and ask you for information. Ask yourself this question : even though I tried to elicit information from you, did you tell me all this when I spoke to you....I'm sure you know the answer !!

I can well understand that you must be getting lots of calls everyday, from kooks and weirdos of all kinds....I can put myself in your position, as I worked for a few years in a call centre for a telephone company, before moving to trucking. But you know what, I was paid to handle each and every call like it was the first call of the day, and treat the caller with respect and dignity, unless the caller turned abusive. At no point of time was I supposed to convey the impression that I'd been disturbed by the call. In the way you spoke to me, that condescension was quite implicit....I wish you could have heard yourself talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeetle

I believe in delivering the truth. If it comes across as being too honest, then I am sorry. But why sugar coat something? .
No sugar coating is required, nor is anything but the truth. But there are ways to do it....one is your way, and the other is the correct, courteous and professional way : yours is anything but.

In conclusion, the reason that I put up this message on this board, is that I had an inkling that you are a regular visitor here....this message was intended less to be an information piece for others, but mainly to draw your attention to this issue, and have you realise the way you handled the situation. I had a gut feeling that you'd respond to it.

Anyway, this isn't going to affect me in any way....the same, however, can't necessarily be said about you, should you choose not to revise the way you speak to potential drivers, who, in your case, are your customers.

Good day, and best of luck.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Bill was my recruiter at Crete and I would have to say that I shared none of your experience in dealing with him. In fact, if it wasn't for him, I don't know if I would still be driving today. Maybe the problem is that you expect to be treated like someone special and when you're not you get upset. I don't know. My first reaction to your post was that you were somehow connected with CFI and were trying to trash Crete because we are their biggest competitor for quality drivers. All I know is that I couldn't make anywhere near the amount of money with CFI that I do with Crete, and after all that's why most of us are out here. :wink:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member

I also had dealings with Bill at Crete and he couldn't have been a nicer gentleman, and bent over backwards to get me a regional position that I had been hoping to get, and I'm sure he didn't have to do. Everyone at Crete treated me great! Although it didn't work out for me there, through nobody's fault at Crete but for my own personal issues, I would recommend them to anyone who was asking, and if I ever decide to go back into trucking full time they will be the one's I look up first, and I would hope that I get to work with Bill again. Anyway, just chiming in. Good luck
Old 02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
CFI might be the exception, but those exceptions are rare and they are the exception BECAUSE they run Canada and Mexico both.
This statement is somewhat correct, however....CFI's Drivers...do not go to Mexico....at least not in a CFI Truck pulling a CFI trailer. The company's trailers are taken across the border by contract carriers from CFI's border terminals and brokers.

CFI's Drivers run the US and Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanajj
All I know is that I couldn't make anywhere near the amount of money with CFI that I do with Crete, and after all that's why most of us are out here.
I'm not sure how much you make at Crete, but I'm not sure either if your statement is quite right. CFI's top paid solo made I think it was $78 or 82K last year. I think he did it without supplemental $$ from training or recruiting. You'd have to ask someone in Joplin about it

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Senior Board Member

If he made 78,000, @ 50cpm he'd have to run over 150,000 miles :shock:
Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
We're talking about a fellow who never goes home.... he's out for about 364 days a year... so if you consider the number of days he's out....its altogether possible that he did it without significant problems.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
We're talking about a fellow who never goes home.... he's out for about 364 days a year... so if you consider the number of days he's out....its altogether possible that he did it without significant problems.
His home is the truck.....
Old 02-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Rookie
Default Crete Recruiters

For me it was a specimen named Roy. He is alright in my book, but what do I know, I'm American. Thank you Crete recruiters, keep up the good work, lets just be a little more gentle with our neighbors up north.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Man...us recruiters cant seem to win :shock: .....Either we get blamed for not telling the whole story or we are too truthful and the driver gets mad because it wasnt what they wanted to hear.
Recruiters DONT create company policy....we just have to abide by company policy.
Can you say, glorified used car salesman? :lol: :lol: and of course, being JB Hunt, well, you get the picture.... :lol: :lol:
Old 02-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Board Regular

I first learned of Bill when I read several of his posts about Crete here on the boards. So when I called Crete to inquire about a driving position, I naturally asked to speak to him. We spoke a couple times before I finally hired on and although I found him to be helpful and very professional, he did come across to me as somewhat short and to the point at times. I just attributed it to him being busy.

I've since met and spoken to him in person a few times and find him to be very friendly and surprisingly funny for a recruiter. :lol: :P I'm not sure what transpired between the two of you, but maybe you just got off on the wrong foot. :? Crete is an excellent company to drive for. I'd suggest calling back and just speaking to a different recruiter if you're still interested in Crete. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.