User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default H. R. EWELL

Any one know anything about them HR EWELL i know they pull food grade anyone know what there pay is like etc.
THANKS
www.hrewell.com

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Board Regular

I know a few drivers who work for them.I don't hear any complaints.They pay by the load.
They have one terminal that is union,the rest are not.They haul dry bulk and liquid,mostly sugar,corn syrup,cocoa butter and chocolate,and soy bean oil.
The work is easy though once in a while you will get caught out waiting to load or unload.Regional job probably home weekends and a couple of nights a week.
For the most part they have nice equipment.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks overweight i think i might give them a call i live about 45mins. from there east earl yard. I dont know if i want to leave my local job yet.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Board Regular

Hey Mackman, take it from me, a guy who has left his local gig 3 times to pursue this so called "OTR dream", stay where you're at, i know you discussed with me a few times what you get payed, and your work environment, and i personally wouldn't leave that for anything. I'm not trying to discourage you, but i think i'm about your age, and i had the same thought of the fun involved in OTR driving, and all the aspects of it. After my experiences, i conclude that my local job is a much better fit for me, i got time at night to hang out, and the weekends to ride motocross, OTR definately can't take the place of that in my book.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey miller thanks sometimes i need to hear that. :P I dont think i will ever go OTR but there something inside me that keeps pushing me. It comes and goes. My oldman keep telling me i would be a fool to leave my job to go OTR so he allways telling me am a idoit for thinking that lol. I think i proably will stay where am at for a while yet. But if i do go otr i just wanna know some of the better companys out there. Dont worry i aint leaving yet. Just to let you know mill;er come on up to PA we are looking for 2 new drivers.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Hey miller thanks sometimes i need to hear that. :P I dont think i will ever go OTR but there something inside me that keeps pushing me. It comes and goes. My oldman keep telling me i would be a fool to leave my job to go OTR so he allways telling me am a idoit for thinking that lol. I think i proably will stay where am at for a while yet. But if i do go otr i just wanna know some of the better companys out there. Dont worry i aint leaving yet. Just to let you know mill;er come on up to PA we are looking for 2 new drivers.

What outfit do you drive for, Mackman ? Do you guys operate in western PA too, in the Pittsburgh area ?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Board Regular

i don't know if i could handle the weather up there, i woke up this morning to go to work and it was about 35 outside, i about walked right back up the stairs and went back to bed, just too damn cold to be at work. I can only imagine how i'd handle the weather up there, i think i'd stay in the house all winter long, posting advice on these forums :roll:
Old 01-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member

nah we are only in south eastern pa around philly. Oh come on miller it was only like 16 outside in the morning with a windchill of like -5 it wasnt that bad i think the high was like 29 or something like that by the way why do you think they make carhartts for. I bet yooper wish he live in pa it would be like summer to him. lol